2003-04 2V or 2001 4V??

With just bolts-on the cobra will easily make over 300 hp at the wheels... the GT will not. All the cobra needs is a few upgrades from the '03 cobra rear and some 4.10 gears. It will be a 6800rpm killer....

p.s. I wouldn't trade my Bullitt for an '01 Cobra

• Sponsors (?)

A friend of mine just bought a 99 cobra vert, me and 4 friends have either 02 or 03 GTs and I wasnt impressed with the power of his cobra. There are so many parts out for the GT it can be built to be fast now. Both cars can be built to run 10s in street trim. But none of that really matters. I find the biggest factor in a fast car to be the driver. Personally I would go with a brand new car so theres no problems, Im sure the 04 machs will come down in price once the new stangs come out.

DJT03GT said:
A friend of mine just bought a 99 cobra vert, me and 4 friends have either 02 or 03 GTs and I wasnt impressed with the power of his cobra. There are so many parts out for the GT it can be built to be fast now. Both cars can be built to run 10s in street trim. But none of that really matters. I find the biggest factor in a fast car to be the driver. Personally I would go with a brand new car so theres no problems, Im sure the 04 machs will come down in price once the new stangs come out.

:rolleyes: On the test drive with my 99 Cobra with stock everything down to paper filter I could spin 2nd for about 10 feet shifting from 1st to 2nd (not power shifting) and I could chirp 3rd. I have never been in a stock GT that felt as powerful.

Wow, votes are definitely in favor of the cobra, the price is not an issue as they are practically the same, 01 cobra vs 03-04 gt. I really would like the cobra just because of the potential it has with minimal mods. Also, has anyone thrown an '03 cobra blower onto a 01 cobra? results? Thanks for the help in my decision guys.

Of course the 4v...

Looked at 01 gt and 01 cobra but.... 02 gt's were already on the lot; dealership didn't want to budge on cobra price. I worked super sweet deal on my 01gt. I've decided to mod out the suspension and rearend. Then worry about the engine.

I just wish the 2v had more topend pull

later AL :flag: :banana:

Monkie said:
01 Cobra with solid axle and nitrous for the difference the Mach would cost you.

the machs are selling for gt prices, its new and comes with a factory warranty

01 is old, less resale value no warranty...nos would be a reliabilty issue