2003 Coupe Engine Swap To 351w

Cmodanie

Apr 14, 2015
Hey Everybody,

I'm currently undergoing the process of acquiring all the parts to do a full engine swap in my '03 coupe. I plan on going with the 3.55:1 gears in an 8.8" rear. A tremec tko500 trans with a centerforce df700000 clutch kit. The 351w is where I am having the problems. I know that an AJE tubular k member is in order as well as various other parts to make a efi to carb swap. I want at least 450hp at the flywheel, can anyone suggest a reasonable way to achieve this goal? If so I need part numbers and measurements as to how you would get there/how you have gotten there. I have read a lot of feeds in which others have tried this same swap. I didn't like the numbers they were getting and thought they might have done a crap build. I've got about 4,000 investible dollars to go toward this engine and just need help to get the most power for my money. Thank you for your help.

• Sponsors (?)

With an "older" motor like that go old school. No replacement for displacement. Bored, stroked, cam, heads, exhaust should get you in the ball park or, save some time and money and just get a crate motor.