2003 GT 4.6 - Best exhaust from 3 options

Aj03gt

Feb 26, 2019
Massachusetts
Hi,
I have a completely stock 2003 Mustang GT 4.6. I have three local exhaust opportunities each at $100

1: Stock system just replacing mufflers with Borla Bullet Style mufflers

2: Stock system with Flowmaster Super 44 mufflers

3: BBK Offroad X pipe 2.5” with Dynomax Super Turbos

I’m looking for a moderate balanced tone, volume, and rasp. Not too loud, or overly raspy, etc. If I can avoid drone that would be prederred, and this car is a convertible. If the answer is to wait for something better to come up, I will take that advice too.

Thanks!

• Sponsors(?)

Dark04GT

10 Year Member
Apr 27, 2008
NC
Exhaust comes down to user preference.

1. I had Weld in mufflers previously - cheap way to change the sound but I found that cat backs are much higher quality. I wish I would of done it right the first time. My borla catback looks fantastic now nearly 10 years later.

2) I found that my previous flowmasters and all flowmaster mustangs I rode in always had a drone - I liked how the flowmasters sound but grew to dislike the drone in daily driving.

3) X pipes are too raspy for my taste.

Again those are my opinions. If you like the above combinations - $100 is a killer deal to have exhaust on your mustang. If you feel impartial or you don’t love those combinations I would let them go.

Aj03gt

Feb 26, 2019
Massachusetts
Exhaust comes down to user preference.

1. I had Weld in mufflers previously - cheap way to change the sound but I found that cat backs are much higher quality. I wish I would of done it right the first time. My borla catback looks fantastic now nearly 10 years later.

2) I found that my previous flowmasters and all flowmaster mustangs I rode in always had a drone - I liked how the flowmasters sound but grew to dislike the drone in daily driving.

3) X pipes are too raspy for my taste.

Again those are my opinions. If you like the above combinations - $100 is a killer deal to have exhaust on your mustang. If you feel impartial or you don’t love those combinations I would let them go.
Thanks for the advice!
I went with the flowmasters off of research, and I’ll probably end up trying other combinations and sounds as time goes on.

Dark04GT

10 Year Member
Apr 27, 2008
NC
Flowmasters sound great on our cars. You’ll “learn” how to drive it to get the sound you want. Enjoy your new mufflers!