2003 GT 4.6 - Best exhaust from 3 options

Aj03gt

Feb 26, 2019
Massachusetts
Hi,
I have a completely stock 2003 Mustang GT 4.6. I have three local exhaust opportunities each at $100

1: Stock system just replacing mufflers with Borla Bullet Style mufflers

2: Stock system with Flowmaster Super 44 mufflers

3: BBK Offroad X pipe 2.5” with Dynomax Super Turbos

I’m looking for a moderate balanced tone, volume, and rasp. Not too loud, or overly raspy, etc. If I can avoid drone that would be prederred, and this car is a convertible. If the answer is to wait for something better to come up, I will take that advice too.

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Exhaust comes down to user preference.

1. I had Weld in mufflers previously - cheap way to change the sound but I found that cat backs are much higher quality. I wish I would of done it right the first time. My borla catback looks fantastic now nearly 10 years later.

2) I found that my previous flowmasters and all flowmaster mustangs I rode in always had a drone - I liked how the flowmasters sound but grew to dislike the drone in daily driving.

3) X pipes are too raspy for my taste.

Again those are my opinions. If you like the above combinations - $100 is a killer deal to have exhaust on your mustang. If you feel impartial or you don’t love those combinations I would let them go.

Exhaust comes down to user preference.

1. I had Weld in mufflers previously - cheap way to change the sound but I found that cat backs are much higher quality. I wish I would of done it right the first time. My borla catback looks fantastic now nearly 10 years later.

2) I found that my previous flowmasters and all flowmaster mustangs I rode in always had a drone - I liked how the flowmasters sound but grew to dislike the drone in daily driving.

3) X pipes are too raspy for my taste.

Again those are my opinions. If you like the above combinations - $100 is a killer deal to have exhaust on your mustang. If you feel impartial or you don’t love those combinations I would let them go.

Thanks for the advice!
I went with the flowmasters off of research, and I’ll probably end up trying other combinations and sounds as time goes on.