2003 not starting, need help....

Xtreme Limits

Founding Member
Nov 30, 2001
Hudson, Florida
Hey my friends 2003 is not starting, everything works, and the car cranks when u turn the key but it is getting no fuel, and looks to not have spark, we check and theres juice going to the fuel pump, so it looks to need a pump, but why would it not get spark?
IF ITS READING NO FUEL DOES IT NOT SPARK OR DID SOMETHING ELES GO?
What can it be it only has 30,000 miles on it and ran fine 3weeks ago, But my friend went to NY for a vacation and just got back last night and todaY the car wouldnt start, btw we just put 5 gallons in so it has fuel.... Please help he needs his car for work..,.

• Sponsors (?)

maybe its not cranking enough, a week with a weak battery would drain enough to not crank over, simple to check so i feel dumb posting this. Maybe why there ins't a spark at the fuel pump too.

What else could go wrong in a week of just sitting? Someone tampered?

Check the fuel shutoff in the trunk.
My friend's Probe did this a little while ago. He'd removed his turbo to sell the car and not connected the starter all the way getting things back together. We popped the clutch pushing the damn thing downhill and it ran fine. He checked the starter bolts, tightened them and never had it happen again. Start with the switch in the trunk.
~A.C.

We did reset the fuel shut off(first thing we checked), The test light shows the fuel pump is getting juice, soo i know at least 95% sure it needs a pump.
Now the batteries fine cus the starter cranks the motor just fine, so thats ruled out, also there is no check engine lights comeing on, so thats ruled out...btw no fuel comes out of the shrater valve on the fuelrail..
James car was police repo deal he got it real cheap but did not come with any warrenty witch sucks balls, ford did try and sell him one for $75 a month but i think he turned it down not sure ill ask tomarrow.
Anything eles?