Engine 2004 4.6l V8 Valve Cover Bolts Where To Get Them

Mike*

Nov 11, 2014
I have a 2004 4.6l V8 with leaking Valve cover gaskets. I'm probably going with Cometic for gaskets. I cannot find valve cover bolts for them though. Each side has 11 bolts. Some have a 'nipple' look to them that have caps/clips that snap down on them that are attached to wiring to keep the wiring off the covers and stabilize them so they do not move around. Any suggestions on what to search by/ask for or where to look for this type of bolt kit? This seemed these would be very easy to find but that has not been the case for me so far. Help me out please!

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks Matt! I've heard they can't be reused if they're torque to yield bolts from a couple mechanics, do you know if that's accurate? If they can be reused I'd reuse whats on there now.

Thanks Matt! I've heard they can't be reused if they're torque to yield bolts from a couple mechanics, do you know if that's accurate? If they can be reused I'd reuse whats on there now.

The head bolts are torque to yield and can't be reused. Valve cover bolts are not and can be used over and over.

Reactions: 1 user