2004 GT Tranns problems

04gtdrop

Jun 10, 2005
Sac, CA
I have a 2004 GT 5 spd. It now has 94k miles and I think im starting to have tranny problems.... :(

Its getting harded to shift into gear.

What kind of trans does my car have and what might it cost to repair or replace it?

I know that tranny rebuilds aren't cheap...

I think it might be my syncro's going out. The shifter and the tranny are 100% stock.

Last question, how will an adjustable clutch cable help me? :shrug:

Thanks

:flag:

• Sponsors (?)

you have a 3650 trans. there are a couple t.s.b.'s out for that trans. one for a 1-2 shift and another for shifting into reverse. both call for ford to take a look at the tranny. if you want i have an adjustable clutch cable i can let go cheap. also, try chaning the fluid in the tranny. sometimes that can help smooth things out.

More than likely it's the clutch cable stretching.

There are a few things you can do before assuming it's time to dig into the trans.

#1 change the fluid

#2 install new OEM clutch cable and adjustable quadrant

More than likely it's the clutch cable stretching.

There are a few things you can do before assuming it's time to dig into the trans.

#1 change the fluid

#2 install new OEM clutch cable and adjustable quadrant

This sounds very likely. One thing to do first is to adjust the clutch. If it helps but doesn't solve the problem I'd bet it was the clutch cable stretching. With almost 100,000 miles some nice fresh fluid in the trans wouldn't be a bad idea.