2004 MACH 460 SPEAKER REPLACEMENTS??

04redfiresnake

Aug 15, 2004
pa
I RECENTLY PURCHASED A 2004 COBRA WITH THE MACH 460 IN IT. IS IT POSSIBLE TO REPLACE THE ALL THE FACTORY SPEAKERS OR DO YOU HAVE TO BUY ADAPTERS? THE SYSTEM SOUNDS OK, BUT I HATE THE PAPER FACTORY CRAP. :notnice:

• Sponsors (?)

If you have to ask...

Consult an audio professional with what you want. The factory system is balanced pretty well with the amps and speakers as stock.

You're not going to gain much just changing speakers, IMO.

I took all of my Mach 460 sound system out and replaced it. I did it my self. It is not that hard. Best buy and places like that will bend you over if you go in there and ask them what you should do. they will charge you 200 bucks to 'Rewire your car" Since it has amps in it. Me personaly i went with some nice infinity speakers. 6X8's and new tweeters. It took me probley half a day to do it. that includes taking all the amps out and speakers. I sold the speakers and everythign on e-bay and i came out a little above what i paid for my new speakers. I left the mach 460 grills over the speakers. I can not belive the diffrance in sound it has made. for me i love music and can not stand facoty amped systems. so i took it out the 2nd day i had the car. you would probley be better off getting a new head unit too. but that is just my 2 cents. i got one with xm. I took everythign out, mounted my speakers put it all back in ran the wires. took out the old stock cd player and slave unit stuff (99 cd player was diffrent than 04) i did all this put in xm antenna in about 4 hours. do not get ripped off by having somebody do what you your self can do.

Dont just change the speakers, because the factory speakers I believe are 8 ohm speakers (8 ohm system) and aftermarkets are 4 ohm's. So your bass will even be worse with the better speakers as Ive heard. Try a search on the audio section of this website.