2004 Mustang GT Warranty Questions

BCE03

Apr 5, 2006
What is the standard Ford warranty on a 2004 Mustang GT?

Do you guys think it'd be worth investing the extra cash in an extended warranty? The car I'm looking at is an '04 GT with 11,000 miles on it. The extended warranty just doesn't seem worth it to me.

• Sponsors (?)

I came so close to buying one when I bought my car. I ended up not doing so because:

1. Mustangs are probably the most modified vehicle out there. You'll hate yourself for buying that extended warranty because you'll be holding back on mods.

2. For the same reason above, parts are readily available and so are the information on how to fix things. If you have any inclination to doing this, fixing something that broke won't be too bad. Not like trying to get a repair done on maybe a BMW.

It's worth it if you don't plan to mod the car (and I mean you REALLY don't plan to mod the car) and if you cannot afford any downtime with it during the next few years, or if you want protection during your loan period :)

Like said before, just depends on when it was bought. My car was bought in Oct 03.....so mine expires in like 6 months. I plan to get my tranny fixed soon! The 1-2 shift isn't too bad, but does have some problems I think so might as well get it fixed for free!

Anyways, ask the dealer or owner when the car was originally titled by an individual owner....that's the date the warranty starts. I wouldn't buy the extended warranty...rip-off. They're usually not comprehensive anyways and very picky about what they cover sometimes.