2004 Seats in my 1994? Will it work? - Grey leather in black interior need opinions

91LX_5L

Founding Member
May 13, 2002
British Columbia
I have a 1994GT and I really want leather seats found a local with 2004 Leather Seats the dark grey, do you think that will look bad in my 94? Anyone have pics of grey seats in a black interior?

thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I have a complete set of charcoal gray seats out of a 2000 GT in my black interior. At first I thought the gray looked bad but after I swapped in some gray seatbelts it looked better. You can check out my garage, there's a pic of my interior in there.

i just got a set of Dark Charcoal 02 GT Leathers.

I have a GTS but im going to assume that the electrical plug ins are there and will work, correct??

on a side note has anyone ever tried to dye some seats black??

I have a GTS but im going to assume that the electrical plug ins are there and will work, correct??

No, the plugs are different. If I remember right my GTS had a plug with two wires and the 2000 GT power seat had 4 or 5. The GTS has a power and ground whereas the newer seat plug has a ground, power for the seat motor, power lumbar, and also for the seat belt. The inside seat belt bolts to the seats on the newer models whereas on the older ones it bolts to the transmission hump. I also went to a junkyard and got the shoulder belts in matching gray and bought the inside belts new from LRMS.

I would check with an upholstery shop to see if they have a special dye.