2005/2006 big block

• Sponsors (?)

well bigcat, don't give me a strike when some other guy comes in here and says the same thing... little mods nothing too technical same thing, might as well give him a strike too.

not many people want to purchase a new or gently used vehicle to hack up.

if you wanted to do this conversion you can count on installing all new guages, disabling the airbags, trying to make the ABS work. count on an aftermarket shifter for the tranny, most likely custom made.

the engine swap will be the easy part. making everything else in the car work will be the hard part. all the fancy gadgets in the car need a module to work properly, and many need other modules to "talk" to for proper operation.

you will need custom motor/tranny mounts, custom driveshaft. if starting with a V6 car, you need to swap the rear end. there is now a complete bolt in 9" housing available for S197s.

just swapping the engine in this car is no different than any other car. similar to a street rod swap.

want any other advice/insight?

grey5.0beast said:
these guys aren't very technical...
What do you mean here? Who are "these guys"?
BTW, "these guys" and their affiliates are making V6s run 12s. Sounds like many of them know what they are doing. :nice:
grey5.0beast said:
well bigcat, don't give me a strike when some other guy comes in here and says the same thing... little mods nothing too technical same thing, might as well give him a strike too.
At this point, BigCat has not posted in this thread.
*reads grey5.0's PM Inbox* Ahh, there it is...

BigCat is watching out for you when he gives friendly advice. Be advised, we've treated everyone with as much fairness as possible, be it through encouragement or banishment. :)

timeless2 said:
What do you mean here? Who are "these guys"?
BTW, "these guys" and their affiliates are making V6s run 12s. Sounds like many of them know what they are doing. :nice:

At this point, BigCat has not posted in this thread.
*reads grey5.0's PM Inbox* Ahh, there it is...

BigCat is watching out for you when he gives friendly advice. Be advised, we've treated everyone with as much fairness as possible, be it through encouragement or banishment. :)
meaning not many of the people on here in 05+ talk have dug far enough into their cars to be helpful or "technical"

grey5.0beast said:
meaning not many of the people on here in 05+ talk have dug far enough into their cars to be helpful or "technical"
Not really, and I think with some dedicated time spent reading, you'll see the picture yourself.

If you need, I, as well as others, can show you countless threads where s197 owners have tackled intense technical issues in order to improve the performance of their vehicles. The "v6 in the 12s" thread, referenced above, is just one such example. ;)

grey5.0beast said:
are they helpful to him, have any of them swapped a big block in, if so then I will shut up, not many ppl on here can be helpful on this subject.
Now you are starting to clarify your perspective by stating observations. Your prior statement:
grey5.0beast said:
these guys aren't very technical...
is rather obtuse in scope and can be construed as rude by some.

BTW, there is probably good reason why no one is answering the question. Could it just be that the average Joe isn't about to buy a $25K+ car just to gut a perfectly good engine? This is a facet of reality, not the Speed channel, Pimp My Ride, or Overhaulin'.

Lurking the board, waiting for REAL questions to answer..........

My question is to WHY would you add all the weight to the front end of a S197. Doubt the HP level is worth the weight over the front tires. I have a 460 in the back yard and doubt the wife wants me hacking up a NEW GT that is more then fast enough for 95% of the population out there.

So give me a reason logical reason for this swap and will more then gladly help where i can.........

Man, tough crowd in here.

I think the big block idea is cool, although I wouldn't have the money to tackle such a job. It used to be somewhat common to stuff a 460 in the fox chassis, but I haven't heard of it being done on a new stang yet.

Not to technical... hmmm. Could be said of the person who posted the question. Either that, or the person knows allot more then most here.

There is only one reason to do this motor swap: Racing. The car would never be street legal, so that gives you one option if you really want to do the swap. Go to Ford and order a body in white. Someone already mentioned what you would toss if you bought a S197, so why not get the stripper that Ford sells for racing?

the problem with the body in white is you need racing credentials. what exactly do they need? i dunno. i am sure most people dont have what they need to purchase one.

WOWI didn't mean for this to turn ugly. Your right there's no way I would want to hack up a 25+ thousand doller car just to put a built big block into. Witch by the way is only 145 lbs heavier than the 4.6 A friend of mine buys salvage cars that are not wrecked to bad, repairs are made and then resold. Getting an 05 or 06 really isn't all that bad $. You may be right about the gauges and I know the trany would'nt work. A t-56 trany with a Mc leod bellhousing does work. I thought I'd throw the thread out here because its been done in the fox bodys why not the new mustang?No need to bite heads off. Thanks for your replys.