2005 Cobra II?? You bet!!

Guys, please.

The car was inspired from my love for the Cobra IIs, for sure. But I did not build the car with any intention of furthur seperating Mustang IIs or MII owners from the rest of the Mustang world. If anything, the styling of the car bridges several generations of Mustangs into one car. All this information and pictures of the rest of the car will come out soon. I didn't want a big debate on the car right away; I guess I should have realized that non-II owners also frequent this forum. I saw this thread has been directly linked to the 05 forum, which is exactly what I DIDN'T want yet.

• Sponsors (?)

unfortunately keeping it here went out the window as soon as the thread title popped up on the main board page as a new thread. hope your press release comes soon before this gets passed around too much more.

Speed_Demon1965 said:
This car looks nothing like a II. I don't know where you get that from? Looks 100x hotter than any II.
This coming from an owner of an Aries K k with the Mustang logo mistakenly placed on the trunk :D
Serioulsy, just because YOU don't see the resemblance(you must be blind) doesn't mean you need to come in and bash the II's or Sal for his work on the 05 he's working on. Just stay blissfully ignorant in your own little world with your fox and classic buddies :notnice:

LXXVICOBRA said:
So, I must assume, that you just aren't happy with the performance of any stock '05?

As for how it looks....your comparison opinion is subjective. But regardless, the answer to where I "get that" should be obvious by the fact that the things making this particular car look so great and stand out from the rest, are the items that show direct resemblance to the II's.
Funny how you could appreciate its styling points common to the late 60's cars, but not give credit to the styling cues lifted from the II, that directly inspired this one.

I think this is the pic that might help your point with the visuals at least as far as the II's and the 65's go. I wish I had the ones that were floating around before the crash of a II parked next to the 05 to add to the comparison.
65_and_74.jpg

Attachments

• 65_and_74.jpg
    65_and_74.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 71
If you ever think about using a different wheel, check out Wheel Vintiques 94 series. It looks like a modern Magnum 500 and would help with the II look.
Unfortunately i can't figure out how to put a picture up from their site. Here's their site http://www.wheelvintiques.com/ click on products, billet wheels and part 2.

propietary disclaimer: NO, i have nothing to do with these guys!!!!

I think the great thing about the mustang is
that they have always been right for the time
sporty, muscle, luxury, economy, performance.

Each new model brings reniewd excitement
and enthusiasm. Probalbly why it's still here
and still distinctive after 40 years.

I would never bash any Mustang, and those
who do either don't know what the're
talking about, or have very limited vision.

Great Car ! Congratulations !

likesoldjunk said:
I think the great thing about the mustang is
that they have always been right for the time
sporty, muscle, luxury, economy, performance.

Each new model brings reniewd excitement
and enthusiasm. Probalbly why it's still here
and still distinctive after 40 years.

I would never bash any Mustang, and those
who do either don't know what the're
talking about, or have very limited vision.

Great Car ! Congratulations !

Very well said!!! :canada: :hail2: