2005 Dale Jarrett Mustang

z3r0c00l

Nov 23, 2003
Dale Jarrett Ford is now making a custom 2005 Mustang with Dale Jarrett Badges, signature plaque etc. It's pretty slick. I posted some info on my site but I'm not sure if it's ok to post the link here. I don't want to self promote the site - but the car is just plain cool and thought y'all would like hear about it.

You can contact DaleJarrettFord.com about the car.

Pat

• Sponsors (?)

I bought my car from a Dale Jarrett Ford and they had two of these on display. They looked nice, but just like the Rousch, you are paying 40k for appearance upgrades mostly. So, I think I will just stick with my 26k GT, thank you very much :D .

The Dale Jarrett Performance Mustang , when properly equipped provides plenty of heart-pumping performance. The 24-Valve 4.6 Liter V8 car puts over 300 ft-lbs. of torque and 280 horsepower to the pavement.

ummm . . . is it just me, or does the stock GT spec out at 300 horsepower? and 312+ ft-lbs. of torque? :shrug:

Last month , I was driving to a General Manager meeting , and stopped in the Dale Jarrett dealership . The cars were excellent the only problem was that the sales staff was awfull ( snide comments behind customer backs , smug better than the customer outlook etc.. ). When I returned home I purchased a mustang GT from the local dealership, they were nice , from the salesman to the finance man.

BrewTownVert said:
ummm . . . is it just me, or does the stock GT spec out at 300 horsepower? and 312+ ft-lbs. of torque? :shrug:

The 300hp number is measured at the flywheel, whereas some amount of power is lost between the flywheel and the rear wheels. When measured at the wheels, the dealership's numbers are close to what a stock GT would produce.

KILPER said:
Last month , I was driving to a General Manager meeting , and stopped in the Dale Jarrett dealership . The cars were excellent the only problem was that the sales staff was awfull ( snide comments behind customer backs , smug better than the customer outlook etc.. ). When I returned home I purchased a mustang GT from the local dealership, they were nice , from the salesman to the finance man.

I had no problems with the Dale Jarrett I went to. I actually knew more than my salesman did about the car. I almost walked out since I thought he was incompetent, but after talking to one of the sales managers I didn't. So far I have had top notch treatment from them, which is suprising since I just turned 20 last week and usually you don't get that much respect when you walk into a dealership at that age.