2005 gt test drive

So on Sat. I scheduled a test drive in a 2005 gt thinking I was going to be unimpressed. I've had 3 12 sec. foxes and driven alot of different stangs. I was very impressed now I have to have one. The problem is I still have a notchback and couldn't ever get rid of it. I've been dreaming of the exterior mods I could do to a s197 a gt500 front end and some gt500 side scoops would look sweet. I love how short the shifts are and you don't have to reach for the shifter at all with the new linkage setup. I have to say the interior is absolutely perfect in those cars.

• Sponsors (?)

I've owned a '92 LX 5.0 hatchback, '95 GT and '00 GT prior to my '06. None of them were near as much fun or visualy appealing.
BTW, the GT500 has no side scoops. Are you thinking of the Shelby GT or possibly an Eleanor conversion?

I don't think you'll be disappointed if you buy one... The '96 Eclipse I've been driving since 2001 hit 150K miles and started having reliability issues with the electronics under the hood. I figured I'd need something that can at least keep up with how fast the Eclipse was at 18psi of boost and really like how the 2005+ look.

I just bought a 2005 GT last Thursday and am amazed by the performance. It makes it hard to justify keeping the 351W Mustang II around. The power is there, the handling is there, the braking is there, and it is a new car that is comfortable, is comparatively quiet (but with a nice exhaust note), doesn't leak, and is averaging ~19.5mpg so far commuting. I'm lucky if I can get 13mpg out of the 351W and that car rattles, leaks, is loud, but has more power even though it seems to get less of it to the pavement.