2005 looks nice,but,

It's a three-quarter assed attempt at a "premium" looking car (Like a RX-8 or 350Z). I wish they would have just gone all out and if the car cost 32k loaded and some people got priced out, so be it, too bad. The 350Z and RX-8 are also "heritage" cars with cult-like followings, and those companies had no problem pricing them higher. You build a car and then you put a price tag on it, not the other way around. Ford unfortunately is reluctant to try that thinking again after the thunderbird debacle. I still think it's an awesome car and certainly an improvement, but in a couple years when im ready for another car, im going to want something with a little more robust quality. I was hoping the mustang would reimerge as a true bimmer-fighter, but the more i hope for that price savvy bimmer-fighter to come from someone, the more i realize i should just pony up and buy the bimmer.

• Sponsors (?)

Well, my opinion was hurt by the NYIAS, but I will still give the benefeit of the doubt that the "tour car" was simply abused. That the broken door handle was the fault of some little rug-rat tugging too hard on it. What i can't forgive though were those horrible seats. An upgraded seating option is a must. And again, why they couldnt just drop in the seats from the Mazda 6 is beyond me.

When I first saw the 05 I couldn't believe how bad it looked. I hated it. But then again I also hated what they did in 99 by squaring up the whole SN95 body. Now I own an 04GT. So again, its too new for anyone, a lot of people hate Fox bodies/94-98s/99-04s/ etc. Everyone has their opinion of what they like, and its good that we have a lot more options to choose from now.

I know its going to take the 05 a while to grow on me to where I will like it, thats why I bought an 04GT. I have been wanting one for a few years now so before they are gone, I went and bought one. :)

Now I know a lot of people are bagging on the 05. Well here is the way I see that whole thing.

Yes it looks very plain because everyone of them is white. White isn't an exciting color. So if you make all of the test mules white it will get people talking then they will go, wow thats plain, I don't like that and then go clear out the lots of the older stangs. But with people that won't like it, there are people that will like it. They can picture themselves in that car, with the color they want, etc.

SVTJayC said:
That the broken door handle was the fault of some little rug-rat tugging too hard on it.

Gosh, if some "little rug-rat" can break it by just tugging on it, how is it ever going to stand up to a grown-up yanking on it? I guess that would come under "abuse" and Ford will never have to fix a single one under warranty. :rolleyes:

Krillind8z said:
But then again I also hated what they did in 99 by squaring up the whole SN95 body. Now I own an 04GT.

Me too, and I bought a '03. :D

However, after the '99 "edge styling", Ford tweaked it a bit too. Both the hood and side scoop designs changed, as well as the rear spoiler. The headlight design eventually changed from clear to smoked. Inside, the IUP option helped, as well as other little things like the "pull handle" two-tone.

At least for me, it was these tweaks and changes which helped me to finally accept it.

I never really cared for the current stangs. I always either wanted a 5.0 or a 66. (I got the 66). The interior is so plane and borring. The extior is ok but not worth 26k. Ive driven them and i dont think there fast enough. especialy the auto. But when i saw the concept 05, my jaw droped. It is an awsome car. the production just begs to be driven hard. It has every thing. Power, 300hp-315 ft lbs, and an interior that is beautiful. Good job FORD.
Im deffenitly buying one in 06 :

66stangowner said:
I never really cared for the current stangs. I always either wanted a 5.0 or a 66. (I got the 66). The interior is so plane and borring. The extior is ok but not worth 26k. Ive driven them and i dont think there fast enough. especialy the auto. But when i saw the concept 05, my jaw droped. It is an awsome car. the production just begs to be driven hard. It has every thing. Power, 300hp-315 ft lbs, and an interior that is beautiful. Good job FORD.
Im deffenitly buying one in 06 :

I agree. While I object to calling it "retro" (it is still too tall and too narrow for that), it is a very good design, precisely because, like the originals, it does NOT have all the fake scoops and other MBFM. Fake scoops can be added by the buyer if you want it to look fake.

A clean design looks fast and agressive. Some other enthusiasts think fake gee-gaws make it faster, but we Mustangers (most of us) know better.