2005 Mustang GTR and Saleen?

Black RSX

Founding Member
Apr 12, 2002
Waukegan, IL
I also posted this in the 4.6L Talk Forum.. (Where I spend most of my time)... thought I should put it in here too, since well, this is were it belongs...

GTR

MustangGT-Rconcept%20Front3Q.jpg

MustangGT-Rconcept%20Rear3Q.jpg

Saleen?

newSaleen1.jpg

:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Black RSX said:
I also posted this in the 4.6L Talk Forum.. (Where I spend most of my time)... thought I should put it in here too, since well, this is were it belongs...

GTR

http://www.louisvillemustangs.net/1tufgt/05mustang/MustangGT-Rconcept%20Front3Q.jpg
[IMG]http://www.louisvillemustangs.net/1tufgt/05mustang/MustangGT-Rconcept%20Rear3Q.jpg

:shrug:[/QUOTE]

Those first 2 pics are horrible. The Saleen is nice though. I REALLY like the GT500 concept that is floating around though... :nice:

That is of photoshop of the saleen by Rampant her on stangnet. And the gtr looks fishy like in the exhaust and is seemed to be taken off the concept. But I did hear that ford will be releasing pictures of it this sunday. :banana: But those might be it cause it is said to be a concept racer. :shrug: It is sweet though

I disagree. I really like that GTR (not sure about the wing, but everything else for sure). It looks lightened and powerful, and I love the color.

I don't care for that Saleen at all (good work by the artist though).

Finish painting the hood....

That is the dumbest, most annoying trend among 'ricers' and it looks like crap. Paint the hood and remove that hideous wing. Where are the altezzas? :shrug: :rlaugh:

I will add that the elements are added in a somewhat tasteful way, I just don't like them. I didn't care for the big wing on the '00 R either.

The GTR pics look real to me--radiator/yellow paint on inner frame, rear tail light, and all around it is just too darn good for some chopper to spend that much time on. The only thing that looks fishy to me is the exhaust on the driver's side and the paint on the wing's fins -- but even that could be real. Not to mention, I haven't seen production shots like that to use a base to start chopping (especially the wheels and background color/shadows).

If it is, I love the headlights, and it looks as if Ford is playing with the idea of bringing back the concept's rear tail lights :nice:. I wonder if they are realistic to produce (especially the headlights), or even legal on the street?

I don't like the Keeny Brown style vents behind the front and rear fenders though. But hey, it is only a concept.

Glad to see my Saleen chop made its way back home :D

I have to agree. That's a lot of work to fake that. Not that it couldn't be done. Just a lot of work. That and I have not yet seen any photos from that angle yet. However I hear we will know on the 9th.

The Saleen concept, in my opinion, is just not inspiring enough to me. Something about it...can't put my finger on it though. Nice, but just not it.

I keep looking at that GTR and is sure looks very real. I really like the front end treatment...the open grills and the twin-fan look. It looks open to breathe. Headlight starburst is a bit much and I'm not to sure about those exhausts. Wouldn't sport that wing on the street, but this isn't a street car (although I'm sure we will see this on the street to some level). I am definetely tired of hearing people refer to anything they don't like as "Ricer"...its just a degoratory term with no thought put into it. Would be much better to just explain why not to like something than to just label it with a term that contributes to giving the American scene a bad name.

I wish I could have found a larger image to composite it into, but here is a small one from Gran Tourismo to visualize it on the track.

gtr.jpg

...and here is a composite if anyone wants to mess with it...

gtr_composite.jpg

RandyB said:
That is the dumbest, most annoying trend among 'ricers' and it looks like crap. Paint the hood and remove that hideous wing. Where are the altezzas? :shrug: :rlaugh:

I will add that the elements are added in a somewhat tasteful way, I just don't like them. I didn't care for the big wing on the '00 R either.

Several classic mustangs from the late 60's had black hoods, namely Mach 1's and Bosses. I prefer the look of the GTR (I would have to agree, minus the wing) over the Saleen. The front end of that GTR looks BAD-ASS. Nice job.