2005 Mustang on display

00GTblkvert

Founding Member
Aug 9, 2002
Daytona Beach,FL
Gary Yeomans Ford in Daytona Beach has the 2005 Mustang in there showroom through the weekend. They said in the paper they are the only dealer in the country to have the car for display, so if your in the area check it out. I am going by Sunday to see it.

• Sponsors (?)

I saw the 2005GT - it was a red convertable, red interior [just like the concept pics]and from my first impression, they can keep it. Sorry, no pics. They had the hood and trunk closed so i couldn't check that out. I thought it had to much plastic trim, the dash looked plastic and aluminum, dated from the sixties style but it looked cheep. Big plastic honycomb grille and lower grille piece. The rear view is all taillight, 3 big lights on each side and tail pipes coming through the bumper. It also had 20 inch wheels which i thought were to big for this size car.
The car has nice lines and from the front/side it has a nice stance, nice hood with twin scoop inserts.
I was a bit dissapointed but maybe in other color combos and seeing it on the street it will grow on me but for now my 2000GT will do just fine.

00GTblkvert said:
I saw the 2005GT - it was a red convertable, red interior [just like the concept pics]and from my first impression, they can keep it. Sorry, no pics. They had the hood and trunk closed so i couldn't check that out. I thought it had to much plastic trim, the dash looked plastic and aluminum, dated from the sixties style but it looked cheep. Big plastic honycomb grille and lower grille piece. The rear view is all taillight, 3 big lights on each side and tail pipes coming through the bumper. It also had 20 inch wheels which i thought were to big for this size car.
The car has nice lines and from the front/side it has a nice stance, nice hood with twin scoop inserts.
I was a bit dissapointed but maybe in other color combos and seeing it on the street it will grow on me but for now my 2000GT will do just fine.

So using my super enhanced futuristic car builder I have rendered this image in my crystal ball...is this what you saw?
MustCon_Conv_F3QS.jpg

afast93stang said:
dont mean to be rude but I wont believe it until I see pics...

Yeah I agree with you...I live in Michigan, and if it were at a dealership I think it would be here first, also I've see the prototype driving around here all the time (on my way to school...Lawrence Tech Univ) and it is camoflaged to the max, so I don't think Ford would keep it that covered if they were gonna show it at some dealership in Cali. No offense dude :D

92blugt said:
Yeah I agree with you...I live in Michigan, and if it were at a dealership I think it would be here first, also I've see the prototype driving around here all the time (on my way to school...Lawrence Tech Univ) and it is camoflaged to the max, so I don't think Ford would keep it that covered if they were gonna show it at some dealership in Cali. No offense dude :D

Cali???? he said its gonna be in daytona beach, thats florida