2005 Mustang order status

scritty

Nov 3, 2004
Austin, Texas
I ordered a 2005 Mustang GT on Oct. 22 and was wondering if I have to call the dealer everytime I want an order status or does ford have a hotline I can call/contact? Also, I have a priority code 23?? What does that mean?

Thanks for the info!

• Sponsors (?)

I ordered my 05 just after Labor Day. Your dealer is supposed to call you once the order is in the Ford system. For me that occured about two weeks after placing the order. They will confirm your order and this is the last chance to make any color or option changes before they set your build date. When the date is set (that was another couple of weeks) they should call you back with the week your car will be built. Allow two to three weeks after the build week for delivery. My dealer did it all by the numbers. My build week is 11/8 so I should see the car around the first of December.

blanks said:
I ordered my 05 just after Labor Day. Your dealer is supposed to call you once the order is in the Ford system. For me that occured about two weeks after placing the order. They will confirm your order and this is the last chance to make any color or option changes before they set your build date. When the date is set (that was another couple of weeks) they should call you back with the week your car will be built. Allow two to three weeks after the build week for delivery. My dealer did it all by the numbers. My build week is 11/8 so I should see the car around the first of December.
I checked today and my car said "BUCKED" so it is a little ahead of schedule for the week of 11/8. It also says a delivery date (to the dealer) of 11/17 so that is friggin fast! The one that was already built has a delivery date of "TBD" which makes me wonder about the Head Problem. My dealership also said something about new transport contract negotiations that may be holding up a specific number of ponies due to a dispute. The other one could be involved as one of the disputed vehicles. She said there were thousands of cars involved in the contract dispute - which has held up the shipping for quite a few Mustangs.

PerformanceRed said:
What head problems? I thought that you guys said that the 2005 Mustang GT's did NOT have any head problems? Tell me which it is. Head problems or no head problems? We wanna make sure that Ford gets it right this time with the Mustang GT.
I cannot confirm the head problem but it looks like there are a ton of cars held up for some reason. If you think about it this way. There are say 15,000 Mustangs awaiting shipment but they find a head problem. They fix the problem from here out first, then go back and inspect the ones they have waiting. The ones that come off the assembly line that week will beat the next shipment of the ones that are in the stock yard - plus they have to get out TWICE as many as they normally would. This cause a problem logistically WRT shipping. Now there is the problem of slowly reitroducing the rest of the vehicles from the stockyard. I am not saying there was a head problem but can tell you what I saw. I was my car with a delivery date of 11/17 and the other car which has been built for a month as TBD. The same goes for 8 other ones in my area. They have invoices but do not have the cars, yet. Shipping still says TBD.

Dimmer switch problem

I ordered mine on 10/30. My dealer called me today (11/5) and said there was a problem with the "dimmer switches" in the information cluster. Has anyone heard of this problem? I hope I get my stang before christmas.

I ordered mine on Oct 23, I called the dealer today and they gave the build date as 11/29. Don't know anything else so far.

If they know the build date does that mean that they have a VIN already? :shrug:

Thanks,
Brian

I ordered my Mustang on 10/30 and the sales dude said it would take 12 weeks. I can't hardly believe this, however, I am a priority 10, and everyone on her says that is the top priority, (okay, not everyone, but lots) So anyone else been told February? I ordered a Black Gt, IUP, Leather seats with Red lining, Upgrade wheels and spoiler on, locking wheels. Just in case someone has heard of a delay with one of these options.
thanks,
Deuce

Deuce19 said:
I ordered my Mustang on 10/30 and the sales dude said it would take 12 weeks. I can't hardly believe this, however, I am a priority 10, and everyone on her says that is the top priority, (okay, not everyone, but lots) So anyone else been told February? I ordered a Black Gt, IUP, Leather seats with Red lining, Upgrade wheels and spoiler on, locking wheels. Just in case someone has heard of a delay with one of these options.
thanks,
Deuce

Deuce, that is pretty much the same care I ordered, on pretty much the same date. My dealer told me (BS) that there were quality control issues with the GT's manual tranny, but seems like that is incorrect. My priority is 20 (highest the dealer gives out) so I really hope I get this by Christmas. Anyone have any thoughts? Seems like a few people have gotten build dates about 4 wks after order, is that about right?

Your car will be cool like mine. So is 20 the "top" priority, or is 10? I just went to my dealership and they hadn't heard anything, but it has only been a week. Also, I have a VIN number, but it is very short so it doesn't seem like the real VIN number, (make since?)
Also I ordered mine on X-plan. Has anyone heard if this speeds up or delays the process?
Deuce

Deuce19 said:
Your car will be cool like mine. So is 20 the "top" priority, or is 10? I just went to my dealership and they hadn't heard anything, but it has only been a week. Also, I have a VIN number, but it is very short so it doesn't seem like the real VIN number, (make since?)
Also I ordered mine on X-plan. Has anyone heard if this speeds up or delays the process?
Deuce
I ordered on X plan too. My dealer doesn't give out priority "10s", so the best I could get was a 20. 10 is the highest priority dealers give out - you can get some info on it here:

http://www.f150online.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=127481&highlight=priority+code

Essentially, what you have on your DORA (and me too) is a partial VIN. When the car gets "serialized" we will get the full VIN number.

My Story

I ordered a 05 Mustang GT w/ the premium pkg on October 20.
(Sonic Blue/Light Graphite, Automatic, IUP, Active Anti-Theft, Side Airbags and Wheel locks). The dealer called me the next day and told me the order had been submitted.
I called the dealer on last Wednesday afternoon (November 3) and was told that my VIN number came in and I had a build date on October 27.

I went in on Thursday the 4th, picked up my DORA (Priority 20) and gave the dealer my deposit, and before I left the internet manager took me in the inventory office and pointed out my order and said it would be here in six weeks.

I called Ford yesterday to ask about the status of my car and they told me it was on a Temp Hold, but was not able to give me the reason why.

VIN #1ZVHT82H355127389

Here is my VIN number. I would appreciate if someone could check the status of the order, and if possible the reason for the hold, and when I could expect the car to be built and delivered.

Thanks for the help.

Well, I finally put in my order today for a mineral grey (yep, changed my mind from the clearcoat black, oh well, lol) '05 Mustang GT, fully loaded, BUT I won't see that puppy until around New Years. Two months! Did other people have that long of a wait for a "ground up" build? Honestly I'm just stoked about getting in it for the first time. I don't think I've ever been this amped about a car, but everytime I see/hear one these bad-boys I get that much more pumped about it. Wow, I need to seek professional help from my Mustang lovefest. lol :spot: :banana:

Mike McRann said:
(Sonic Blue/Light Graphite, Automatic, IUP, Active Anti-Theft, Side Airbags and Wheel locks). The dealer called me the next day and told me the order had been submitted.
I called the dealer on last Wednesday afternoon (November 3) and was told that my VIN number came in and I had a build date on October 27.

I went in on Thursday the 4th, picked up my DORA (Priority 20) and gave the dealer my deposit, and before I left the internet manager took me in the inventory office and pointed out my order and said it would be here in six weeks.

I called Ford yesterday to ask about the status of my car and they told me it was on a Temp Hold, but was not able to give me the reason why.

VIN #1ZVHT82H355127389

Here is my VIN number. I would appreciate if someone could check the status of the order, and if possible the reason for the hold, and when I could expect the car to be built and delivered.

Thanks for the help.

How / where did you call Ford? I remember hearing about a way to check your order through an automated DORA system, is that what you called? Have any info about that for us?

I pre ordered my 05 GT in March, car was supposedly built on Sept. 13th, vin# 2157(last 4 digits, early car!). I still havent got it, my dealer called to AAI distribution, and they told him there is a transport dispute(not enough union carriers to keep up with demand) B.S.???? Hell, i been waiting so long now the car will have collector plates by the time I get it :bang: I dont know where this thing is sitting for the last month!!!!

Wolfman064 said:
How / where did you call Ford? I remember hearing about a way to check your order through an automated DORA system, is that what you called? Have any info about that for us?

The phone number is (800)392-3673. You will need your complete VIN # to give to the person in customer service and they will check on the status of the car for you.

I've heard that your dealer can give you the same information.

Mike McRann said:

VIN #1ZVHT82H355127389

Thanks for the help.

Your car has NOT been built yet. I just checked. The info was given to the people who schedule cars but that's it. A build date has been given and should be within the next 10 days.