2005 Shinoda Boss Vert

Boss05011

Sep 29, 2005
To: All Stangnet Members,

I am a new member and I just wanted to share my experience as the owner of a brand new 2005 Level One, Shinoda Boss Vert.

Over the past year, I have searched every web site available to gather information about Larry Shinoda, the Boss Mustang and Shinoda Performance Vehicle's program for the new generation of Boss Mustangs. There is something that is so synonymous with performance Mustangs and the Shinoda name, that I just had to learn everything I could about these cars before making a decision about which Mustang to buy. The comments I saw ran the gammot from "they're just stickers and spoilers" too "it's just a Boss Mustang want to be". However, based on my experience to date as an owner, I feel that none of these comments are rooted in any basis of fact, because the folks at Shinoda Performance Vehicles walk the talk when it comes to functionality and performance.

Feelings run deep over the Boss cars, especially from those of us having enough history to take us back to 1969 or 1970, when it all began. It's only fair and fitting to say the original Boss 302 and Boss 429 cars were and still are something very special, and like old war stories they can never be equaled. Since I have neither owned a Boss nor any Mustang before, I came to my conclusion with no preconceived bias, but I have come to some fairly strong conclusions based on my experience as the owner of a new 2005 Shinoda Boss, Level 1 Convertible. First of all, these cars are not being built to compete with the 1969 or 1970 Boss Mustangs, which were and still are great cars but over 30 years old. The new Shinoda Boss Mustang is being built to add flair and performance to 21st Century Mustang, and that's where we are now. The Shinoda Boss cars deliver outstanding performance and appearance, while maintaining a philosophy of making every part added functional rather than fashionable.

After carefully comparing the cost and specifications of the Shinoda Boss to the cost and specifications of a comparable car from the other guys (Roush and Saleen), I found the Shinoda Boss clearly delivered the best value and performance for the dollar, and would stack up in any head to head comparison based on price, appearance and performance. The Shinoda cars also still have an added advantage of a true direct link back to the Shinoda name and design philosophy, where it all started. All that aside, I simply can't stop saying wow every time I open my garage. I challenge anyone to do the homework to compare the new generation of Shinoda Performance Mustangs against any of the other guy's comparable cars and say they don't stack up, because that's simply not true.

I also feel it worth saying that while making my comparison, I tried to contact both Saleen and Roush on several occasions and never received a return call or email message. When I contacted Shinoda Performance Vehicles I received a return call the next day (Saturday) from the head guy, while he was trying to evacuate away from Hurricane Ivan's path over Pensacola, Florida. One final comment I have to add is that I recently had the owner of a 1969 Boss 302 come up to my car at the strip mall and tell me that he owned an original Boss car that he loved, but said that "your Boss looks like and sounds like very sweet ride". I take from that the best complement that any Boss or Mustang owner could offer, and that is the Shinoda Guys got it right the first time and that's the point. I am proud to say I was fortunate to buy the first production model of a car that will become one of the first of a very prized group of 21st century muscle cars.

• Sponsors (?)

Ha Ha 41K for a level one that includes
Shinoda 5 Spoke Wheels and Tires
Diablo Sport Programmer
Hurst Shifter
JBA Exhaust
C&L CAI
Eibach Lowering Springs
Sport Pedal Covers
Custom Floor Mats

Thats an even bigger rip-off than a saleen because it doesnt have the name recognition or look good. The Shelby with 450+ hp is supposed to sticker for less.

60,500 for 450hp. Ha Ha Ha Ha

It has always been a true statement that you can build a car cheaper than anyone in the aftermarket. But just like Roush, Saleen, Steeda, Sean Highland, Chip Foose or our Shinoda cars. Prices have to developed to cover cost for our family’s the dealerships profits and research and development to build these cars. Fiberglass molds to performance parts it all cost money. We also pay for the testing of the combination of these parts to ensure the work together. And in the end its a trade off you order your parts and put them together and you have a nice car that runs great and looks the way you want it to. And you have a Mustang with parts added. When our customer purchase a car they get the same thing except in the end they have a car with more value as it is part of a program.

I understand your average mustang owner wants the cars there own way and I believe in this and that is why we have just a few limits on our program cars so you can order the car the way you want it. And still have it a program keeping its value up, as the car grows older.

Thank you for your time.

James Klok
Shinoda Performance Vehicles Inc.
www.getaboss.com

PS Andy is just and owner not an employee if you would have gone through to get is car between the hail storms and the Hurricains you would like your car too.

you also have to puti nto consideration he has a vert.....so a 30K car just boosted up 10 grand for that vert. a V6 vert costs the same as a GT. So imaginewhat a Gt vert costs.... 41 isnt outrageous. But then again iwouldnt build a performance car that is a vert either....not sfae or stable enough. - Roger