2005 V6

• Sponsors (?)

kylew5 said:
absolute waste of a thread. you really should look around before you ask a retorical question. kinda like the "best intake" question or the "best exhaust" question. look around.

love,
kyle

Whoa, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Not to mention you don't know what a rHetorical question is OR how to spell it. He asked a simple question. If you don't want to answer it, don't, but there's no need to be a jerk.

Anyway, The '05 V6 has 200ish hp and 230ish tq and will weigh 100-150lbs or so more. Also, I haven't heard of a 'performance package.'

kylew5 said:
absolute waste of a thread. you really should look around before you ask a retorical question. kinda like the "best intake" question or the "best exhaust" question. look around.

love,
kyle

Then don't reply moron

Love, Anthony

real funny another if it ain`t a v8 it ain`t 'Kiss Me''Kiss Me''Kiss Me''Kiss Me' reply.

the 2005 will be a 3.5L DOHC V6 ford hasen`t released specs yet but most are guessing from 200-250hp. let`s hope for the 250hp rating.
i`d rather see the 4.0 SOHC Explorer engine used if the 3.8 was to be replaced, but ford always has something different brewing. i just hope the 3.5L is a 90 degree v6 and not a 60 degree v6 like the 4.0. the 90`s give better manifolding and runners but i doubt it will be a 90. unless they took the 4.6 and designed a V6 off of it. it would work out to 3.45L round up to 3.5 and there you have it. lets pray for that

well i just did a search it`s a 60 degree v6. :bang: rats. but at least it`s going to have variable valve timing

Alternator said:
The performance package will have a functional race wing (20 hp), hood scoop (15 hp), rear mustang decal (5 hp), and bright aluminum polished wheel (25 hp). So for an extra 2000 bucks you'll be running with the 99 gt!

People like you are absolutly retarted, you don't realize, the higher the performance level of a V6, the higher the performance level of the GT. And a while back I did read there might be a 270HP V6 performance package. And just to let you know, the stock 99GT's aren't anything special for a 4.6, there pretty slow. It was pretty funny when I ripped my friend who had a couple grand in mods on his 99GT with my stock 04 Mach 1. I think it would be great the see a stock V6 performance package rip a 99 GT a new one.

kylew5 said:

love,
kyle

I also didn't realize you could waste threads :rlaugh:

I'd rather the 4.2 in the cougars ;)

Anyways, the 2005 V6 will have a 4.0L OHC 60-degree engine. This information was published in MM&FF a few months back.

As per MM & FF:

Engine Type: 4.0L V6
Architecture: 60-degree V6
Construction: Iron block, aluminum heads
Drivetrain layout: Rear wheel drive
Displacement: 245 ci
Compression ratio: 9.7:1
Horsepower: 202 @ 5250
Torque: 235 @ 3,500

They also have a 5-speed over drive auto as an option (5R55S)

there is alot of different info on the v6. but it seems ford may use the 4.0 for the first year then switch to the 3.5 in 2006. i`ve seen all three published by different sources. only time will tell

Mach428 said:
People like you are absolutly retarted, you don't realize, the higher the performance level of a V6, the higher the performance level of the GT. And a while back I did read there might be a 270HP V6 performance package. And just to let you know, the stock 99GT's aren't anything special for a 4.6, there pretty slow. It was pretty funny when I ripped my friend who had a couple grand in mods on his 99GT with my stock 04 Mach 1. I think it would be great the see a stock V6 performance package rip a 99 GT a new one.

Relax, it was just a joke. Ok let me explain, Ford offers this 'special package pony edition' for an absurd price and all you get is a hood scoop and shiny wheels . Wow. Also, some japanese automakers offer 'performance packages' in their cars that dont do anything, maybe 10 more hp. So thats where my joke came from.

I do agree with what you said though. I think its pathetic that the 99 v6 can keep up with the almighty 94 gt with the 302. There are some family sedan v6s with 270 hp out there.

By the way, I drive a V6.

Alternator said:
I do agree with what you said though. I think its pathetic that the 99 v6 can keep up with the almighty 94 gt with the 302. There are some family sedan v6s with 270 hp out there.

Yeah, I think thats retarded too. 270hp family sedan... ..and its the last to cross the intersection when the light turns green. Put the slow engines in the sleeping sedans and the fast engines in what are SUPPOST to be sports cars.