2006 = 2005 Forum Members Please Read

gp001

Founding Member
Jun 30, 2001
So. Cal.
I have noticed that several new 2006 owners have posted some basic questions which have received very few responses. I do not want new SN S197 owners to think this place is void of good knowledge, so I would like to point something out.

Most of the questions you new 2006 owners are posting have been answered, in depth, by those of us who own junky old 2005s. You may have better luck if you try a search first. Things like exhaust, throttle lag, wheel/tire sizes, tuners, etc all have some pretty in depth threads. If your specific question is not answered in one of those threads, or you are looking for more current info, you may want to start by posting in an existing thread first. This will not only bring that thread back to the top, but also send an e-mail to those who participated in the thread originally and have e-mail notification on. You have a much greater chance of a response using this method. People are less likely to repeat their post in multiple threads, but they may be willing to post additional, or more current info.

This method is used quite sucessfully in another forum I am part of. I really think it would help even more here.

• Sponsors (?)

Might I also suggest a "FAQ thread" that goes over the most commonly asked questions. This thread would be stuck to the top of the forum for new users to browse through prior to asking a repeated question.

Also, with time, an old question may have a new answer. An issue for the 2005 owners that had dealt with it in some particular way may have discovered a new way to fix the sam problem. GP001 and I bot come from the classic forum and believe me when I say that the same questions get asked a LOT. But as time goes by, we find new ways to answer the same questions that we answered 4 years ago.

As long as everyone remembers 1 common rule in life.

Stupid questions don't cost money. The dumbest questions in the world could save you from breaking your car.

If I may I would like to help clarify the term SEARCH. As a new member, my inexperience on:SNSign: was evident and still may be. I then noticed some members saying to search, to avoid redundant posts. "Ad Nausium" or "in a round, over and over" as one put it. So now I search and if I don't find the answer then I post a question.

So basically as a new member I would like to say for other new members to use the search button at the top of the page:nice: .

HERE IS HOW...Click on search at the top of the page...enter a keyword such as "CAI" or "BEST CAI".... Then hit enter....and it will show all threads and posts involving that particular subject.

I know to some this may be common information but not all who use computers may know this important peice of information.

Also many thanks to all that lend their experience and knowledge to everyone's benefit. :flag:

tylers65 said:
Might I also suggest a "FAQ thread" that goes over the most commonly asked questions. This thread would be stuck to the top of the forum for new users to browse through prior to asking a repeated question.

Also, with time, an old question may have a new answer. An issue for the 2005 owners that had dealt with it in some particular way may have discovered a new way to fix the sam problem. GP001 and I bot come from the classic forum and believe me when I say that the same questions get asked a LOT. But as time goes by, we find new ways to answer the same questions that we answered 4 years ago.

As long as everyone remembers 1 common rule in life.

Stupid questions don't cost money. The dumbest questions in the world could save you from breaking your car.

Hah, very much like what I was going to suggest.:nice:

What I thought would be a good idea, though, would be in addition to posting FAQ's, either with the answers or instead of writing answers, provide links to the best threads covering the topic.