2006 Boss 302 Mustang?

98GTfromGA

Founding Member
Mar 17, 2002
Memphis
I think this may be the next special edition Mustang.
They did a Bullitt and Mach 1 already. FRPP already
has a 5.0 4v motor so how hard will it be to stuff it
in there and put an IRS and in there. I think they
would use IRS in a Boss Mustang since those cars
were known on the road coarse. Mach 1 was more
of a drag racer's car.

• Sponsors (?)

Hmmmmmmm, I wonder...

attachment.php

Nice photoshop, I am keeping it (with your permission, of course). Well, I'll stretch a bit for up to 35k as long as the car has at least 350 hp and can do lower 13s bone stock. Handling should be well, too. :flag:

Geez, I am wondering if we can convince someone out there to make the aftermarket kits for Boss dressup.

Omegalock said:
I'd buy it just for the Cammer crate motor if they put the 5.0 in there.

I doubt we'd see that in a semi-30k production mustang. Isn't that like a 14,000 dollar engine? Pricey. Maybe a VVT version of the N/A 4.6 Dohc pushing 350hp? Or a N/A 5.4L Dohc pushing 350-400hp.

RiceEating5.0 said:
I doubt we'd see that in a semi-30k production mustang. Isn't that like a 14,000 dollar engine? Pricey. Maybe a VVT version of the N/A 4.6 Dohc pushing 350hp? Or a N/A 5.4L Dohc pushing 350-400hp.

Whole point is for a 302 cubic inch engien, which the cammer provides. Being that the cammer puts out a minimum of 420 horses in current trim, Ford could afford to detune it some and save some money in order to get it into a Boss 302 with 350-400 hp. keep in mind this is at least 3 years down the road.

I'd be giddy even it it were a Boss 281 (why not?). 320hp 4.6L, IRS, 14" brakes, stiffer chassis, use of lighter materials here and there, options to delete power windows, a/c, radio, etc..

If I remember correctly There is limited edition Boss Mustang being released this month by Shinodas family. Im looking for the link. This is suppossed to be on the 04 chassis with 5.0 motor.. 5.0 cammer i am thinking.