2006 GT Models

No TPMS

As an owner of an 06 GT - there is no Tire Pressure Mon. System. The only reference I can find for it is the symbol on page 9 of the manual. I'm going to take a wild guess that they wanted to add it this year but didn't have time to get it on the car.

• Sponsors (?)

06GT4me said:
As an owner of an 06 GT - there is no Tire Pressure Mon. System. The only reference I can find for it is the symbol on page 9 of the manual. I'm going to take a wild guess that they wanted to add it this year but didn't have time to get it on the car.

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
Makes me happy to know there is no tpms on the 06. Means getting some different wheels later will be a lot less hassle.
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Looks like some '06 stangs may get TPMS - it's coming by law:

September 20, 2004: The U.S. transportation authority, NHTSA (National Highway Transportation Safety Agency), has published details for the regulation in force for the last two years prescribing that all vehicles newly registered in the United States must be fitted with tire-pressure monitoring systems. As of September 1, 2005, NHTSA's new regulations call for the fitting of tire-pressure monitoring systems to 50% of new vehicles in the first year, 90% in the following year, and after that 100% - applicable to all passenger cars and light vehicles sold in the United States.

Yes, That's where the rumor got started the '06's would have a TPMS, but that law has been put off for another year.

And to clear things up, no the seat belt height is not adjustable. Just a screw up on Yahoo's part.

Here is a quick picture of my new 06 Mustang GT.

Attachments

• Mustang 2.jpg
    Mustang 2.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 89
I think you'll find that the TPMS roll out is on schedule. The one year delay was related to an appellate court ruling on whether mandate would require direct or indirect TPMS systems (direct meaning some sort of pressure gauge, indirect meaning calculating change in rolling radius of tire as pressure decreases). I of course may be wrong (ask my wife), but a search on NHTSA does not mention any further delay on rollout.