2006 Mustang Gt Premium...my First Stang!!!

Discussion in '2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-' started by TRCVIPER, May 9, 2017.

1. So the 2007 Camry has been traded in...
    I am absolutely blown away by this Mustang. I am in insurance and one of my clients owns a custom auto/service center. My guys took a good long look at it and said "Dude you just bought yourself a brand new car"
    It is so clean it's really ridiculous for a 2006. I just bought it yesterday :)
    Here are some of the details and mods it has currently:
    2006 Mustang GT Premium (Automatic)
    35K Miles
    Ford Solar Tint Windows (don't know if those come stock or are an add-on)
    Resonator Delete
    Flowmaster Axleback 40 Series
    Rims (have to look them up)
    MGP Caliper Covers
    Cervini Ram Air Hood
    Quarter Window Louvers (not sure of specific model/manufacturer)
    Racing Stripes (someone called them ghost stripes?)
    K&N 69-3523KP Typhoon Air Intake Kit, Short Ram, Polished

There are so many things I could do with this car.

The Flowmaster has a really nice rumble...
    So many ideas/plans are swirling...but I am still just soaking in this car. It's so freaking awesome. I could just drive for hours and hours on end.
    Will put up some photos

#1 TRCVIPER, May 9, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
  2. Looks Great! I have a 2006 Mustang GT that I bought new and now it has 230,000 miles. So you have plenty of life left in that!

Davon Ervin, TRCVIPER and ABC like this.
  3. Congrats! Nice Stang. Got yourself a gem.
    Bought my 2005 GT brand sparkling new. It's got 108500+ miles on the odo and still running like new.
    Enjoy that badness!

Davon Ervin, TRCVIPER and ABC like this.
  4. That's a nice ride with some nice additions on it. Love the rims and have MGP caliper covers myself. Yes and cold air intake would definitely but a great addition! Nice man! :cool::nice:

TRCVIPER likes this.
  5. Beautiful Mustang you have there very nice! Great find and I really like those bullit wheels and those MGP caliper covers thumbs up. Definitely check out the forums here to give you some ideas. What are your plans for mods?

TRCVIPER likes this.
  6. congrats on the new ride. Looks real clean. I just bought a 2011 and couldn't be happier myself.

TRCVIPER likes this.
  7. Thank you for the kind words! First Post Updated

K&N Air Intake ... Check.
    -Makes a world of difference, so worth it. Will post some pics.

I have a long list of desired mods. Some with questions. Let's start with Headers.
    My current exhaust set up is as follows:
    Stock Headers
    Cats
    Resonator Delete
    Axle Back Flowmaster 40's

I have been doing some research into long vs short tube headers. Want to get your opinions.
    (I do plan on supercharging down the road for sure)
    Sound-wise, which are better? Performance?

#9 TRCVIPER, Jun 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
  8. nice! Does it have a tune yet?

TRCVIPER likes this.
  9. Not yet! Looking at supercharging so would definitely get a tune at that point.

10. Niiiiiiiiice! GL

TRCVIPER likes this.
  11. It's since been sold but I did my 2006 GT premium AUTO as follows...
    Bassani catted x pipe (also comes with off road inserts)
    FRPP stingers
    JLT cold air/SCT tune by Evolution performance
    BMR radiator support
    Coast aluminum driveshaft (huge and cheap mod)

car went 14.0 @ 98 best bone stock
    13.18 @ 105.9 with the above on the factory 18 inch bullitt style wheels and tires
    people have questioned my times in the past so to be fair I am east coast and run and Cecil County MD where you can easily get a -600 DA day from November on.

If nothing else right now watch how that car wakes ups with a 1 piece aluminum driveshaft compared to the factory 2 piece. If a had drag radials I would have broke 12s with that damn near 106 mph

12. Congrats!! Enjoy