2006 Mustang Gt V8 4.6 Manual.

EM06GT

Jul 20, 2016
Hey guys, I'm new to this page and this is my first post. I bought a 2006 mustang gt on 7/17/2016. It has 96k miles. The car is mainly stock, except for the rims and tires. With that said, I finally had a chance to release all the HP this pony has. When I did, I noticed that when I reached 4500 rpms, all the lights, AC and the stereo turned off. This lasted for a few seconds and then they all turned on again. First I thought, maybe the initial jolt of the car might have caused this, maybe a loose cable got moved more. So I tested my theory. I got on the freeway and slowly took 3rd gear all the way to 4500 rpms, and everything turned off again. Idk where I should start. I don't get a "check charging system" message like other people. Keep in mind that the engine is still running/accelerating when this happens. Thanks in advance.
FB_IMG_1469039002427.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

So all the cables are secure. The battery is tightly in place . There's is one ground cable that I don't exactly trust where it is. Uploading the pick with this reply.

Try, if you succeed try and upload a video if the occurance
Finally got it to upload. I ont much about batteries, but the on my gt seems very small. Also the positive cable is not connected to the firewall like I've seen in other mustangs. Also on other mustangs, the positive post is on the left side and the negative on the right side. On my gt, they are reversed.

Attachments

• 20160720_194659.jpg
    20160720_194659.jpg
    402.9 KB · Views: 166