2006 Mustang V6 backfire or popping in intake. Any ideas how to find the issue? I don't see any vacuum leaks, all plug wires are on tight.

2006 Mustang V6 backfire or popping in intake. Any ideas how to find the issue? I don't see any vacuum leaks, all plug wires are on tight. could it be a valve, the EGR (which is new), the MAF, to much oil? It starts and runs good. When you let off throttle it pops a little in the intake. When you shut it off its loud in the intake and almost sounds like a grinding and popping together. I don't have a scope to run diagnostics. No engine lite and no codes.

• Sponsors (?)

Most autoparts stores will pull codes for you. They will often even assist in making some sense of the code and point you in the right direction.

After that, you might get on Amazon or Ebay and look for Bluetooth OBD2 code reader. They're less than $30 and you can pull codes with your phone.

The app I use is called "Torque". I paid for the Pro version. It's a few bucks.

The one I have is like this one: Amazon product ASIN B005NLQAHSView: https://smile.amazon.com/BAFX-Products-Wireless-Bluetooth-Diagnostic/dp/B005NLQAHS/ref=sr_1_5?crid=W2YBATNY31LQ&dchild=1&keywords=obd2+scanner+bluetooth&qid=1600219588&sprefix=obd2%2Caps%2C188&sr=8-5

He said he doesn't have any codes showing. It's odd that it would be backfiring and not have a CEL showing. Backfiring generally means there is fuel in the exhaust. Which shouldn't be happening in a modern computer controlled vehicle.