2006 V6 Maintenance Questions

I've got 60K on my 2000 V6 Mustang, Manual Transimission. The only thing besides oil changes I've done is rear brakes, fuel filter replacement (and injector cleaning) and tail light bulbs. I feel pretty lucky.

I brought to the auto mechanic to ID a noise and found out the left side exhaust manifold is cracked and needs replacement. That along with new gasket is going to set me back $450.00. Is that reasonable?

I asked about what preventative maintenance they'd recommend and they are recommending EGR Valve cleaning and new gasket. That's quoted at $200.00. They're also recommending Throttle plate cleaning and something called MotorVac, plus plugs/wires, PCV valve and fuel filter.

I want to avoid costly repairs but don't want to invest heavily as I'm not sure I'll be keeping the car more than another year. I'm not much into auto mechanics and have read the manual. It doesn't seem to recommend the EGR work or MotorVac work. Those are the two that they are recommending first. Most of my mileage is city. Any recommendations on if these prices are reasonable and what is really needed at 60K? Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

ok i work at a mechanic shop, i would just recommend you to drain and fill the tranny and drain and fill the rear differential. The price for the fix on the exhaust sounds about right. if the pcv valve and egr are working i see no reason to fix or replace them until they go out. that's all i would do at 60,000 miles.