2007 GT Deluxe... Maybe!

Gene K

Jun 29, 2006
Time for a new ride. Ive tried several vehicles and am considering returning to a Mustang for the first time since the Fox Body.

Im looking at a couple of 2007 GT Deluxe MT Coupes with 3.55 Gears. MSRP is $26,540. I dont really think Im giving up anything I will miss. Unfortunately they are missing one option I would prefer which is Spoiler Delete. However its not enough of an issue to stop me from buying considering I cant get a 2008 Deluxe w/ 3.55.

Any thoughts on the Cloth Seats or the 2005+ in general?

• Sponsors (?)

The plastic steering wheel and plastic dash and cloth seats would annoy me too much I think. Is the Premium too far outside your budget? I'd consider a very recent, low mileage used Premium over the Deluxe. It's not just about MyColor.. it's the leather wheel and seats, and alloy dash that make the difference... oh, and the shaker 500.

I can't stand leather, I went with cloth seats. They are not bad at all, they are a bit firm but I like that. The interior on mine is all black, which I like also. I am planning on doing my own interior accents in the future.

I can't stand leather, I went with cloth seats. They are not bad at all, they are a bit firm but I like that. The interior on mine is all black, which I like also. I am planning on doing my own interior accents in the future.

Actually the car I prefer is Tungsten (Ext) and Dark Charcoal (Int) which I believe is the same as yours. How do you like it?

I can get a GT500 Steering Wheel (FRPP) for $319 and a Take-Off Leather Shift Knob (Saleen) for $19 if I find I want the wheel and knob. Most of the other interior stuff are non-issues with me.

Also I am going to hit the dealer up to swap trunk lids with the Non-Spoiler Tungsten V-6 he has on the lot. After all he can charge $325 for the dealer added spoiler on the V-6. If I can get it for invoice ($23,968 after $1000 rebate) and Spoiler Delete it will be exactly what I would have ordered at a price I am willing to pay.

I can get a GT500 Steering Wheel (FRPP) for $319 and a Take-Off Leather Shift Knob (Saleen) for $19 if I find I want the wheel and knob. Most of the other interior stuff are non-issues with me.

Also I am going to hit the dealer up to swap trunk lids with the Non-Spoiler Tungsten V-6 he has on the lot. After all he can charge $325 for the dealer added spoiler on the V-6. If I can get it for invoice ($23,968 after $1000 rebate) and Spoiler Delete it will be exactly what I would have ordered at a price I am willing to pay.

good thinking all around!

Actually the car I prefer is Tungsten (Ext) and Dark Charcoal (Int) which I believe is the same as yours. How do you like it?

Yeah, thats exactly what my car is. I got the spoiler though, kinda like it. I really like the interior in mine, it doesn't seem like it's missing anything to me. If you threw a shift knob and that steering wheel on there, it would look great.

When you order yours, make sure (if you want them) to get the 3.55s. I made the mistake and got mine with the standard 3.31s. I am planning on upgrading, but for a $100 you can't go wrong from the start. Sales guy didn't tell me that the new ones come with 3.31s.:nono:

I got mine last november for 25,000 with the $500 rebate, you're getting a great deal.

Cloth seats have always been more comfortable to me because they breathe better. "Leather" however is much more elegant. With all the goodies that come with the IUP, I thinks its a good deal if its in your budget. Love the My Color. I have mine on 1-5-2 aqua setting. :D

The dealer and I are still a bit apart on the low option GT Deluxe.

Another local dealer has offerered me a GT Premium Manual Trans ($29,815 MSRP) for $314 under invoice + Rebate or Low APR Financing. No 3.55 gears though and its still a lot more expensive.