2007 Mustang Gt Dyno Numbers Too Low?

hey guys I just went to a open dyno day last Saturday and I was a little disappointed in the numbers... 308HP and 330TQ from a lightly modded GT. JLT series 3 cai, pypes off road h pipe, pypes m80 catback, SR performance coil packs, dynotech 1 piece aluminum driveshaft, and tuned by BAMA with a 91 octane performance tune. I was hoping for more than that considering that same day right after my pull a guy with a 08 GT with only a cai, canned tune, and exhaust got 305HP and 317TQ. I just got the custom tune from BAMA so I'm thinking maybe they didn't tune the car right? or are those numbers about right?

• Sponsors (?)

No, CAI does nothing, literally nothing with your other mods. Also alum ds and coil don't add anything. Stock S197 4.6s dyno 270-280 rwhp. With a tune and off road mid-pipe I'd say you're right on the mark.

hey guys I just went to a open dyno day last Saturday and I was a little disappointed in the numbers... 308HP and 330TQ from a lightly modded GT. JLT series 3 cai, pypes off road h pipe, pypes m80 catback, SR performance coil packs, dynotech 1 piece aluminum driveshaft, and tuned by BAMA with a 91 octane performance tune. I was hoping for more than that considering that same day right after my pull a guy with a 08 GT with only a cai, canned tune, and exhaust got 305HP and 317TQ. I just got the custom tune from BAMA so I'm thinking maybe they didn't tune the car right? or are those numbers about right?
I'm not sure why your'e disappointed. It seems you picked up about 50hp and almost 60lbs/ft of torque at the flywheel from what are essentially basic exhaust mods and a tune. The coil packs and driveshaft aren't really worth anything...and it's been proven that mufflers are worth less than 5hp on a stock 4.6L 3V. Quite frankly, I'd be ecstatic if I made that much power on a 4.6L with just a manifold back exhaust, CAI and a tune on a N/A car? :shrug: