2007 Mustang GT No Windshield Fluid Cant Hear Pump

Pushrod2Mod

Oct 24, 2009
So I just had an autobody shop do some work on my car involving damage directly to the area around the windshield washer reservoir thanks to another driver making an illegal turn into my front right corner damaging my bumper and fender. I tried to use the windshield washer fluid for the first time since getting my car back and there is no fluid coming out. The windshield wipers work fine but I am unable to hear any noise coming from the washer pump. Is the fuse for the wipers and washer pump the same? I also just noticed that the idiots at the body shop did not fill my windshield washer reservoir which I noticed was leaking at the time of the accident. I checked all visible connections from under my car and they seem ok but the cable goes up and back out of site. If the fuse is the same for the washer pump and windshield wipers, and the visible connections seem ok, can anyone suggest what to look for next? I added a little bit of water to the windshield washer reservoir to check for leaks and no leaks are present. Would the pump not work simply because the fluid level is too low? Any suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

I had a little bit of washer fluid leftover in the garage and added it to my reservoir but still I hear no sound from the pump when I operate the windshield washer lever. The fluid is not full, but there is a bit in there so I assume that washer fluid levels play no involvement with pump activity. What should I check next? Thanks.