2007 V6 Auto, NO Crank NO Start...

deadmeat

May 21, 2003
G.R. Michigan
I have a 2007 V6 Automatic that I drove fine all day Saturday, Sunday afternoon I went to start it and got nothing. You put the Key in it and turn it forward the fuel pump primes and everything powers up but when you press the brakes and got to start it the starter doesn't make a sound and the engine doesn't crank. Tried a jumperpak to see it was power but no luck. Everything else is working fine, lights radio windows wipers, message center just wont start. I used a test light and the constant power has power but the second power connection that should have power when the ignition is turned has no power. I tried starting in park and neutral neither work. I jumped the starer power and the solenoid and the start works. Checked all the grounds I could find and no corrosion. Thinking maybe neutral safety switch? Any suggested or advice would be greatly appreciated...

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds like something either melted or shorted out, resulting in a Starter Circuit Fuse blowing, or your Alarm could be triggered, battery died, or is very low, Neutral safety Switch.
What can cause this to occur?
- Ignition switch
- Fuse blows as a Wire shorts out; melts- you wouldn’t know this while Driving unless you needed to Start the Car...
- Alarm trigger not allowing you to start the engine.
- Neutral Safety Switch, broken or moved out of adjustment. Pull cover plate and peek inside. Check for 12V at the Switch on both sides, Car in Park. Transmission connector melt or get Wet, make a bad contact with the Pin(s).
- Computer issue- unlikely, unless it’s the Key....
-Turn your Steering Wheel 45 Degrees and attempt cycling the Key.

Do you have an Alarm? Lock and unlock the Car with the FOB a few times. It work correctly? Any alarm light flash on the Dashboard?
Try your spare Key in the Ignition.
Put the ebrake on and Turn your Key enough to cycle through P-R-N-OD-D-L a few times, hold the shifter in Park with a little force Forward, any change?
Check ALL your Fuses in the Fuseblock associated with IGnition 1 and 2. Check the Fuses with the meter, pulled out. Re-install.
Disconnect the Battery for 5 minutes and reconnect.
You have power to your Diagnostic connector, plug in a Scantool and see if there’s a pending/active code.
I’d stick to the basics, first. There’s no power to fire the Solenoid to engage the Starter.
If your Key was in the “Run” position, and you jumped to Starter to spin the Motor- will it start the Engine?
If it does Start, be ready to pull a plug to shut it off.
Try those- they are the simplest, which makes them the most likely.
Good luck! Please post your findings, or if nothing there works.