Paint and Body 2007 V6 Convertible - Rain water leaking under dash?

tigros

Oct 18, 2018
montreal,qc
I have a 2007 Mustang V6 convertible and water is accumulating on the passenger side floor after rain. While driving sudden stops and goes you can see water coming down like rain under the passenger side dash on the far right.

Just got it back from a shop who was supposed to fix it they didn't do a very good job ha!

I'm hoping someone can say what's going on when I say "under passenger side dash". The shop sealed the back of the top where the clear plastic meets the black canvas with silicon even though I told them under the dash?! Well it probably didn't hurt since it was unglued.

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds like you have the common problem where the cowl drain holes are blocked, and water that's accumulated inside the cowl is making it's way into the passenger side floor area via the cabin air filter.
Remove the cowl vents and take a look underneath.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm new here, so bear with me here. I own a 2006 mustang, and it has a leak. don't know where. I did see a youtube video on how to fix it. by removing this plug not sure of the technical term. I did that months ago and I still have the leak. it's really bad. If there is anyone who has any suggestions I would be very grateful.

There are two common causes of water leaks into the front passenger compartment:

1. Blocked cowl drain grommets allowing water to accumulate inside the cowl, which then leaks into the passenger side via the cabin air filter.

2. Cracked/broken/rotted cowl cover grommets below the windshield. Rain or car wash water can seep through those holes into the area behind the dash. This differs from 1. in that water can also leak onto the driver's side carpet.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...gwAnoECAoQAQ&usg=AOvVaw11NzTp2hHAfNxFTj89SQM2

Last edited: