2008 Bullitt now in the official ford order guide!

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds a lot like what Car-Max does. They set the price and it's usually pretty competitive. Obviously probably not the best deal that you could find, but it's far from the worst and it is SO worth paying maybe an extra 1-2k or maybe a little more if you don't have to go through all the BS haggling to get a car.

Actually, we usually (but not always) have the best deal as we have to be competitive upfront to survice with a No-Dicker Sticker. That includes having some cars (the unloved ones that have been sitting around too long) priced as loss-leaders (below our cost) to move them out. For example, the highest markup we currently have on new F-250's or F-350's on our lot is $500 over invoice (waaaay below MSRP), with several marked below invoice. Then, subtract the rebates and the customers are paying thousands and thousands below invoice.

Ya kno a Bullitt with a 302, 400hp all motor eng. With a "No option" option would be cool:nice: .... Im just dreaming though:OT:

All motor, no fluff, would be way cool. Reminds me of the 1989 Mustang LX 5.0L Sport I bought new in 1989. I passed on the GT as I just wanted something simple that blends in, but with all the go-fast stuff that the factory could offer (unfortunately just 225hp that year).

Ford kinda revived the "LX" concept in the mid 90's with the Mustang GTS package: V8, but no a/c, no spoiler, basic wheels, V6 manual seats, crank windows, etc. Same V8 as the GT's, but a lot less weight. Not a big seller, though, so Ford is likely resistent to offering something like that on an S197.

I am the SVT Team Leader for a large volume Ford dealership. We sold all of our 2001 Bullitts for MSRP or less. Sold all of our 2003-4 Cobras and Mach 1's for MSRP or less. We've been selling our Shelby GT's for MSRP and our California Specials for less than MSRP. I suspect we'll sell our 2008.5 Bullitts for MSRP (or maybe even less).

The only car we sell over MSRP is the GT500, and only because the demand far exceeds the supply.

I'm sure some dealers will try to markup Bullitts, but I don't see that as the right price considering the lackluster response this car is getting so far.

Just my 2 cents.

Brian, I don't know why you're not naming names, but it sounds a lot like a local Ford dealer in Kent I bought my 07 GT from.... :rolleyes:

Brian, I don't know why you're not naming names, but it sounds a lot like a local Ford dealer in Kent I bought my 07 GT from.... :rolleyes:

I don't name names as I'm not here to sell cars, just share Mustang info with fellow enthusiasts. But, yes, I remember that you bought your Grabber Orange 07 GT from us to replace the all white SN95 V6 coupe you had before that. Your white V6 sure was cool - especially loved the coin-operated "pony ride" stand you had next to it at all the Mustang shows! Here's a pic I took of your old V6 at the 2005 show at Bellevue Community College. And a pic of the blue 03 Mach 1 I had at the time....

Attachments

• 621376696203_0_ALB.jpg
    621376696203_0_ALB.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 76
  • 844695357103_0_ALB.jpg
    844695357103_0_ALB.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 73
The only car we sell over MSRP is the GT500, and only because the demand far exceeds the supply.

I'm sure some dealers will try to markup Bullitts, but I don't see that as the right price considering the lackluster response this car is getting so far.

Just my 2 cents.

So is the demand for GT500s still far exceeding supply?

Any idea what MSRP for the Bullitt edition will be?

Seems demand for the Shelby GT has weakened - I saw two new 2007s listed on E-Bay with a 'Buy it Now' price in the $35-36k range (way below MSRP).

In that environment I don't see the Bullitts being worth more than low $30k range considering they are a very similar car but without the Shelby pedigree.

Yes, GT500 demand is still strong. Not as strong as a year ago, by any means, but still strong enough to get a few thousand above MSRP. The lure is mostly due to the 500hp, and also the Shelby name. I post regularly at www.theGT500source.com and you'll find most guys trying to find a GT500 nationwide are still having troubles getting below $5,000 over MSRP for deals.

Shelby GT's are easy to find at MSRP, or even below now. Shelby GT-H (06 Hertz Rental cars) have come way down below $40K finally. 319hp isn't as compelling as the 500hp GT500, so pricing has softened on these.

The Bullitt will be interesting, and popular with a certain demographic, but hardly so overwhelming to the general public to force prices way up. I still think MSRP will be tops for the Bullitt, with pricing below MSRP eventually much like the Shelby GT's.

We don't yet have official pricing on the Bullitt package, but considering you'd have to pay a couple grand to do the same performance mods to a standard GT, I imagine the markup will be in the $2K to $3K range. The Ford ordering system shows $1,895 for the package, but I believe that's just a place-holder amount that will be changed once Ford starts accepting orders and updates the ordering system.

Yes, GT500 demand is still strong. Not as strong as a year ago, by any means, but still strong enough to get a few thousand above MSRP. The lure is mostly due to the 500hp, and also the Shelby name. I post regularly at www.theGT500source.com and you'll find most guys trying to find a GT500 nationwide are still having troubles getting below $5,000 over MSRP for deals.

Not to mention that Evolution Performance has a GT500 running 9.4s without sacrificing streetability is saying alot as well! There is no doubt alot of potential in that car.

I could go for that. It would also be nice if Ford offered a simpler Bullitt package. Say Highland Green paint, black interior, pony on grille delete, fog lamps delete, GT emblems delete, spoiler delete, distinctive faux gas cap, distinctive wheels.

OK, 226 Embarcadero was the address of the hotel where the fake Ross stayed.

What sharp eyes you have! Yes... "Hotel Daniel. 226 Embarcadero Road." Rennick holed up in the dump where Bullitt was sent to protect.

I actually went as far as to ASK Ford Motor Co. if they would spray my new '08 Highland Green so I can build a bullitt lookalike. They said no... more than once.

What are the chances of finding one of these being sold at sticker price somewhere?

We sold all of our 2001 Bullitts at MSRP or less. Already sold our first 2008 Bullitt for MSRP. Got the OK from my boss to sell all 2008 Bullitts our dealership gets at MSRP.

I think it'll be easy to find them at MSRP at most dealers. Even if they have a 2nd sticker on one sitting in the showroom, a serious buyer ready to take one home could get the ADM waived.