2008 Shelby GT-C Mustang -- Overpriced?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008...026394842QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item350026394842

brand new 428r supercharged buy it now price $49,900 which is what my local roush dealer is asking... but the article says that the shelby gt-c is $48,675.

here is a new supercharged saleen for 44,900 buy it now
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008...026829952QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item350026829952

OK...

My apology. I was referring to MSRPs. The Motor Trend article listed all three vehicles tested (Shelby GT-C, Roush Stage 2 and Saleen S281-3V)... and their MSRPs:

Shelby GT-C: $48,675
Saleen S281: $49,613
Roush Stage 2: $46,989

Effectively, all three are approximately the same price but neither the Roush nor the Saleen are supercharged. All were listed as stock engines, non supercharged, yet for roughly the same price.

Hence, my previous statement that you can't buy a supercharged Roush or Saleen for the price of a non-supercharged Shelby GT-C.

• Sponsors (?)

please correct me if i am wrong about this.

Shebly gt500 - totally produced by ford at a ford plant

Shelby GT - Shelby gets shipped a finished GT and they add there parts to it. Which is mostly appereance ? what performance parts go on it ? From what i could tell it is alot of little add on's

Shelby GT-C - A ford produced GT califonia edition with a 93 octane tune probably an axle back exhust some big brakes and wheels and tires ?

i know the car gets a signed name plate for going through the shebly shop. but really what are they doing to the car that any good shop can't do ? Looks to me like they are putting on $300-500 dollars in misc stuff. antenna cover interior accents. and charge 2000 for it.

Not trying to bash but what are they really doing to the car outside of cosmetics. And the FORD racing suspension.

please correct me if i am wrong about this.

Shebly gt500 - totally produced by ford at a ford plant

Shelby GT - Shelby gets shipped a finished GT and they add there parts to it. Which is mostly appereance ? what performance parts go on it ? From what i could tell it is alot of little add on's

Shelby GT-C - A ford produced GT califonia edition with a 93 octane tune probably an axle back exhust some big brakes and wheels and tires ?

i know the car gets a signed name plate for going through the shebly shop. but really what are they doing to the car that any good shop can't do ? Looks to me like they are putting on $300-500 dollars in misc stuff. antenna cover interior accents. and charge 2000 for it.

Not trying to bash but what are they really doing to the car outside of cosmetics. And the FORD racing suspension.

You are correct..The GT500 never goes to Shelby..Yes the $11,500(2,000 GT upfitters pkg and $9,500 for Shelby pck) is mostly stick on badging, fake scoops, mild tune(you dont get the handheld tuner, you will have to pay $$$ to make any future changes), CAI, exaust, shifter, and some suspension upgrades for Shelby GT..The GT-S has brakes, Shelby Razors...Id say it costs about $5,000 for Carrol's signature on the car, more on the GT-S...IMO:bs:

$48,000 for a 13.8 sec car that stops better than average?

Sign me up.:lol:

Shelbt GT-C :scratch: Hmmm....They should throw another couple letters on the nameplate, that would get them easily another $15,000.

$48,000 for a 13.8 sec car that stops better than average?

Sign me up.:lol:

Shelbt GT-C :scratch: Hmmm....They should throw another couple letters on the nameplate, that would get them easily another $15,000.

OR...

You could pay $47,000 for a Roush stage 2 that is also 13.8 at the quarter mile... save yourself a grand.

THEN...

There's the $49,700 Saleen that scores barely better with 13.7 on the 1/4 mile.

If I've got $50,000 to spend on one of these vehicles.... I take the Shelby for sure.

Now, where's that sign-up sheet again?

OR...

You could pay $47,000 for a Roush stage 2 that is also 13.8 at the quarter mile... save yourself a grand.

THEN...

If I've got $50,000 to spend on one of these vehicles.... I take the Shelby for sure.

Oh I see, well that's different then. Since it's a better deal than the saleen/roush you can sign me up for 2 of 'em.

Again, the Shelby GT is 35k. The GT-C is a special edition and the wheels,tires, brakes alone cost about 10k. :)

Thats if you can find one for sticker. Dealer's around here are still marking them up pretty damn good. To the tune of like $42k at three differen't dealers local to here. All of them claim they sell them at that price left and right ....

Seriously how many times do we need to go over this with the damn Shelby GT and if it is worth it or not. I am almost glad I didn't get the Shelby for the sole reason that I'd constantly feel like I need to defend myself.

And for about the 873rd time, if you can't find one for sticker or less, then you aren't looking. You can get 2007's for almost as little as regular GTs (if you can find any left). The deals aren't quite as good yet for the 2008s, but you can still find them for under sticker without searching too hard.

OR...

THEN...

Hahahahahaha...

Friend of mine has a supercharged saleen. He's running 11's.

I looked at getting those wheels also. $1600 total for 18x9's (chrome) all the way around with Nitto 555r 285/40 out back and 255/45 up front. Still doesn't add up.

You're right, 10k is certainly too much. You'd be certainly over the 5k threshold. Probably in the 8k rang w/ installation, depending on where you get it done.

You're right, 10k is certainly too much. You'd be certainly over the 5k threshold. Probably in the 8k rang w/ installation, depending on where you get it done.

4,000 to install brakes?! Where are you going to get stuff installed? Tires mounted and balanced is $100 tops. I'm getting a supercharger installed this week and the install of the blower alone is $900 from RWTD (runnin' with the devil). I can see maybe 1,500 to install, but 4,000?!