2009 Mustang VS 2010 Mustang

it's also been confirmed, that the re-design does indeed include hips..along with the car's lines becoming more aggressive, while also adding more of a modern touch to the front and rear fascia's...However other than that !

The re-designed S-197 Mustang.. will remain retro..

I hope that Ford stays with its retro-styled production as far as the Mustang goes. It would be a travesty to return to the unsightly mustangs of 1994-2004. Those vehicles, in my opinion, are truly eyesores.

The Guigaro is merely a concept that you will not see go into production. I am very interested to see what the '10s will look like. I think it would be interesting if they took some styling cues from the 1969-1970 mustang. Also, I would like to see a "Fastback" model return to the lineup.

Lastly, I hope Ford improves on the Mustang's tail lights. They need to be made to look as three individual vertical lights (e.g. the 1960s versions) rather than a single lamp made to look like 3 with the use of vertical lines.

Thoughts?

• Sponsors (?)

thought the newest Stang Gt design will be a 2009???
Why they pushed it back?
They will have trouble selling them since the Camaro and Challengers will be out by then.....

I disagree. Both Dodge and Chevrolet will charge way too much for their vehicles while Ford will be snagging up the $21k - $27k crowd.

The Camaro will likely start at approx. $25k...
The Challenger at $30k.

The Mustang will still appeal to the average car buyer with prices starting in the low $20s.

That has been Ford's genius in all this. Pontiac sunk with the new GTO... Chevy and Dodge it sounds will do the same.

It's amazing how GM and Chrysler won't simply follow what has made Ford's Mustang such a success.

The ford mustang is the best selling convertable in the world I believe it was. Lets face it, we never did draw in the hard core chevy and mopar fans anyway, they been waiting for thier own version of the stang. As for the flavor of the month people, the stang is still an icon, the name alone sells the car. The V-6's are being snapped up 2 -1 over the GT according to my dealer. So most people aren't buying the stang as a muscle car, thier buying it as an icon.

Challenger is going to be far out of most people's budget I would think. I don't expect to be pulling up at a stop light anytime soon and seeing one...and if I do, most likely it will be the V6. :::yawn:::

Camaro's V8 will probably be a few thousand more than the Mustang...good chance it will even be more. I thought I read somewhere that the V6 Camaro will start at 25k.

Mustang will always offer the best bang for the buck. But we all know that.

I have a lot of faith in what Ford plans on doing with the restyle. I'm sure it will look good. I'm more concerned about them bringing back some classic colors.

Calypso Coral anyone? Grabber Blue?

I hope that Ford stays with its retro-styled production as far as the Mustang goes. It would be a travesty to return to the unsightly mustangs of 1994-2004. Those vehicles, in my opinion, are truly eyesores.

The Guigaro is merely a concept that you will not see go into production. I am very interested to see what the '10s will look like. I think it would be interesting if they took some styling cues from the 1969-1970 mustang. Also, I would like to see a "Fastback" model return to the lineup.

Lastly, I hope Ford improves on the Mustang's tail lights. They need to be made to look as three individual vertical lights (e.g. the 1960s versions) rather than a single lamp made to look like 3 with the use of vertical lines.

Thoughts?

My thought is that you 'in my opinion' are truly an A****LE. Of course my opinion may be skewed by the fact that I own one of those cars you describe as an eyesore.

As for the beltline on the current Mustang being too high to have the 'hips' this is a customized 2007 with '69 look which looks pretty good to me

As far as Mazda, my understanding is that Ford owns somewhere in the vicinity of one third of the company.

Camaro's V8 will probably be a few thousand more than the Mustang...good chance it will even be more. I thought I read somewhere that the V6 Camaro will start at 25k.
GM has repeatedly said the Camaro will be priced to compete directly with Mustang. Although the Camaro looks awfully good, they may be tempted to up the price slightly just because they know people will pay more for the looks. Ford needs to freshen up the Mustang quite a bit to compete, because the new Camaro makes the 05 design look boring. I wish Ford would produce the Mustang with the same lines it had in concept form. If GM does indeed follow through with a production model that is nearly identical to the concept (and it does look like that is the way things are headed), then lookout Mustang. And top of that you have the Challenger, which is turning out pretty nicely, too. Both of those are going to be stiff competition for the Mustang. And that's a good thing.

Challenger is going to be far out of most people's budget I would think. I don't expect to be pulling up at a stop light anytime soon and seeing one...and if I do, most likely it will be the V6. :::yawn:::

Mustang will always offer the best bang for the buck. But we all know that.

I have a lot of faith in what Ford plans on doing with the restyle. I'm sure it will look good. I'm more concerned about them bringing back some classic colors.

Calypso Coral anyone? Grabber Blue?

I couldn't agree more...:cheers:

My thought is that you 'in my opinion' are truly an A****LE. Of course my opinion may be skewed by the fact that I own one of those cars you describe as an eyesore.

As for the beltline on the current Mustang being too high to have the 'hips' this is a customized 2007 with '69 look which looks pretty good to me

As far as Mazda, my understanding is that Ford owns somewhere in the vicinity of one third of the company.

Hey there Wayne...I see that you located the RSC-Boss 69 concept..Which is a complete body conversion for the 05+ Mustang, fabricated by Retrobuilt.com

Anyhow, I also like the overall customization, however in order for hips to look right..the beltline needs to be lowered, otherwise hips will only exaggerate the car's rear section, taller than it already is..In other words, the car would look too butt heavy.. Anyway, just a thought :nice:

I disagree. Both Dodge and Chevrolet will charge way too much for their vehicles while Ford will be snagging up the $21k - $27k crowd.

The Camaro will likely start at approx. $25k...
The Challenger at $30k.

The Mustang will still appeal to the average car buyer with prices starting in the low $20s.

That has been Ford's genius in all this. Pontiac sunk with the new GTO... Chevy and Dodge it sounds will do the same.

It's amazing how GM and Chrysler won't simply follow what has made Ford's Mustang such a success.

You're absolutely 100% right on the money :cheers:

Thoughts?

Although I would like nothing more, than a full fastback..IMHO, I just don't believe that a full fastback would look very good, with the current greenhouse..as the rear would end up looking, too butt heavy/flat..

Hopefully will see a full fastback return.. when the all new Mustang arrives in 2012-13 :shrug:

Hey there Wayne...I see that you located the RSC-Boss 69 concept..Which is a complete body conversion for the 05+ Mustang, fabricated by Retrobuilt.com

Anyhow, I also like the overall customization, however in order for hips to look right..the beltline needs to be lowered, otherwise hips will only exaggerate the car's rear section, taller than it already is..In other words, the car would look too butt heavy.. Anyway, just a thought :nice:

red05bullitgt
Although I would like nothing more, than a full fastback..IMHO, I just don't believe that a full fastback would look very good, with the current greenhouse..as the rear would end up looking, too butt heavy/flat..

Hopefully will see a full fastback return.. when the all new Mustang arrives in 2012-13

This is the "butt heavy" car. I like the idea of it, but the current bodystyle does not suit it at all. It is WAY too tall! IMO, to make it look right, the exhaust needs to be just below the reverse lights and the bottom of the license plate.
small20rear2034nv3.jpg

Attachments

• small20rear2034nv3.jpg
    small20rear2034nv3.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 74
This is the "butt heavy" car. I like the idea of it, but the current bodystyle does not suit it at all. It is WAY too tall! IMO, to make it look right, the exhaust needs to be just below the reverse lights and the bottom of the license plate.
small20rear2034nv3.jpg

I totally agree, as hips do nothing more, but appear to make the rear look even taller than it already is..IMHO, in order for hips to look right..Either keep the current quarter panels the same height..while at the same time, lower the rear of the doorline for creating the hips..Otherwise, lower the entire beltline altogether.

However ! If those spy shots of the 2010 test mule, are what we can expect for the S-197 re-design..then it appears, Ford has no intention of lowering the high waisted beltline at all..:(

Attachments

• small20rear2034nv3.jpg
    small20rear2034nv3.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 138
The Mustang has enjoyed continued production for a reason, though Ford often doesn't know what it is doing. More V6 Mustangs are sold than GTs and that has kept the price lower and more affordable for the masses. GT lovers should accept the fact that if not for the V6 the GT probably would not exist anymore.
Why has it taken so long to get the Camaro to production?
It should have been in showrooms while Transformers was new. That alone would have spurred interest and probably sales.
I look forward to the new models and, hopefully, the end of Ford dealers marking up the Shelby, GT500, the new Bullitt, etc. as they compete with some real competition. It has been a seller's market for too long.

These four mustangs are the answer to fords problem. People now a days buy mustangs because they look like the old ones (kind of) so why doesnt ford build these four cars AS THEY SIT out of modern materials (carbon, aluminum etc..) stuffed with a nice ''cammer'', a 6spd, and a modern suspension? I mean how hard could it be? These 4 cars would put any camaro or challenger to shame if put on the same showroom floor as the new camaro and challenger. These cars were awesome then and theyre even better now so why not bring them back looking identical to that? I know theres poeple out there saying ''we want a modern edge look'' or ''we want a high performance v8 but it has to be fuel efficient'' or ''we want a muscle car but with good leg room in the back'' screw that noise! if you want fuel economy buy a honduh! if you want leg room buy a sedan! you dont buy a mustang for fuel ecomony or leg room and if it looked good then why ''fix'' what isnt broken? stupid ford they need to sac up and make a real mustang again before dodge and chevy put them in their place.

For me, the '04 concept car was the deal! As far as the exterior, it should've been pretty much a carryover. I could've easily done with 2 seater hatchback:nice: If there is a way to add hips on this version and give it a small ducktail spoiler, that would be awesome. IMO, this should be the next Stang!

I know most of us have seen these pics.
0MustangGTCoupConcept06.jpg

0MustangGTCoupConcept10.jpg

0MustangGTCoupConcept01.jpg

0MustangGTCoupConcept02.jpg

0MustangGTCoupConcept07.jpg

Except for possible stripes and a chin spoiler, I'd leave the exterior alone and focus all on go fast/handling goodies.

Attachments

• 0MustangGTCoupConcept06.jpg
    0MustangGTCoupConcept06.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 67
  • 0MustangGTCoupConcept10.jpg
    0MustangGTCoupConcept10.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 67
  • 0MustangGTCoupConcept01.jpg
    0MustangGTCoupConcept01.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 69
  • 0MustangGTCoupConcept02.jpg
    0MustangGTCoupConcept02.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 76
  • 0MustangGTCoupConcept07.jpg
    0MustangGTCoupConcept07.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 71

These four mustangs are the answer to fords problem. People now a days buy mustangs because they look like the old ones (kind of) so why doesnt ford build these four cars AS THEY SIT out of modern materials (carbon, aluminum etc..) stuffed with a nice ''cammer'', a 6spd, and a modern suspension? I mean how hard could it be? These 4 cars would put any camaro or challenger to shame if put on the same showroom floor as the new camaro and challenger. These cars were awesome then and theyre even better now so why not bring them back looking identical to that? I know theres poeple out there saying ''we want a modern edge look'' or ''we want a high performance v8 but it has to be fuel efficient'' or ''we want a muscle car but with good leg room in the back'' screw that noise! if you want fuel economy buy a honduh! if you want leg room buy a sedan! you dont buy a mustang for fuel ecomony or leg room and if it looked good then why ''fix'' what isnt broken? stupid ford they need to sac up and make a real mustang again before dodge and chevy put them in their place.

Although I totally agree with you.. the reason as to why Ford doesn't re-build or re-create their classic Mustangs.. is because, Ford knows that all the nay-sayers, would accuse them of feeding off their classic designs of the past..In other words, reprise them..:shrug:

Thoughts?

Hey the 94-04s stangs are awesome cars. I also love the 05+ stangs but wouldn't trade my car. The only stang that doesn’t look like a stang is the 79-93 but those where the best selling models.

Although the 79-93 Fox bodies, didn't look anything like their classic counterparts..They were never the less, Mustang's in their own right, and were also the longest lived generation.

IMHO, if it weren't for the success of the Fox bodies..I honestly don't believe the Mustang would have survived !

Although my current 05.. is far more advanced, and so much better than my previous 93 SVT Cobra..I'll always have, very fond memories of those 12 years together..:nice: