2010 Auto...no burnout?

Is this for real? I can stand on my 2010 auto (with or without brake applied, neutral drop shift, etc) and it won't break the tires loose or do a very wimpy chirp even with traction control off. Is this caused by the torque management and will a custom tune fix it (I hope?) ? thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

I would power brake never neutral shift that's not good for your car.

I hope its an electronics issue, you could try and e-mailing a tuner and see if that's something they can take care of? Does the car feel fine otherwise?

Yeah feels great otherwise. I had a 2008 5spd....hated the Tremec.

After taking it out again for some experimentation tonight...I found it WILL break the tires loose. -Just not in a violent tire smoking (or axle hopping like with my 2008 GT) sort of a way.

It could be due in part to the Pirellis doing a good job of sticking. I also think my previous problem was that I didn't hold the throttle down long enough...there's some severe throttle lag with my car before it kicks in WOT. It also seems to bog at times...like the traction control is kicking in (even when it's off); in all fairness my 2008 did the same thing occasionally.

-Just wondering if a tune could help to eliminate the throttle lag and bogging at low RPM.

Let me say after being in the transmission repair business in my younger years. You get what you deserve if you gonna do that you might as well take a sledge hammer to the thing. :( wow I need somethin stronger than hot chocolate now.

Is this for real? I can stand on my 2010 auto (with or without brake applied, neutral drop shift, etc) and it won't break the tires loose or do a very wimpy chirp even with traction control off. Is this caused by the torque management and will a custom tune fix it (I hope?) ? thanks!

Mine is an auto also. Get an SCT tuner and some email tunes and the car will be a lot different. I know my car is a different animal between the 93 tune and the 87 tune. I have not tried breaking the tires loose, but it does chirp 2nd and 3rd under WOT with the 93 tune.

First off....DONT EVER DO A NEUTRAL DROP..AND SECOND..I KNOW WHAT YOUR PROBLEM IS... Get in your car, start the car, while still in park, step on the brake, then HOLD DOWN the traction control button until the dashboard lights up STABILITRAC OFF. By just hitting the button in 2010's it does not turn it off, it just turns traction control off, you cannot do big huge smokey burnout until you HOLD THE BUTTON WILE PRESSING THE BRAKE until it says stability control off. Once it says that, step on the brake, bring the shifter down into low/1st gear, and it will do brakestand, donuts, etc etc all day no problem! Try it and let me know how much better the car is once you turn all the stability controls and traction control off!

Wow.....so sensitive about neutral drops. For crap's sake....I did it once to induce a burnout...the rpms weren't THAT high, and the fact it didn't work leads me to believe I didn't fry the transmission with gear thrashing torque! :)

-I'm pretty sure it says stabilitrack off by just pushing the button but I'll give it a try Undisputed. Thanks

I think I need a tune....

Don't doubt it.....but since it's impossible to do on the 2010's plus it doesn't make much difference.

I tried Undisputed's advice and can break the tires loose in an underwhelming way...I'm used to loss of rear wheel traction being EASY to obtain. ..not the other way around.

Keep the neutral drop scoldings coming though....I promise I won't drive like that again Dad!

OK Undisputed! You're 100% right....put it in 1st and it shreds rubber. My only question is why not in 'drive"?

Thanks again for the stability control tip!

Now I can go back to my regular work commute without caring a about burnouts ;-) ....still want a tuner though!

HAHAHA Yes!! Congrats!!!

The newer the cars the more "safety" devices they have, lol... When I first got my 2010 I took it on a road course and everytime I went into a powerslid, the car would apply brakes and shut me down, even with traction control off... I wanted to give the dealer back the car..lol...till I found out about that holding the button to disarm everything but ABS. And, as you see in my vids, lol, it works wonders! As far as your auto, other than the neutral drop, HAHA (HAD TO PUT IT IN AGAIN, HAHA the new autos seem to be much happier when pulled all the way into first/low, it makes NO sense because the car starts in first in drive, but, oh well! At least like you said now you know you can shred tires like a stang should everyday!! Congrats on the burnouts..wait till you get gears, some boltons and a good tune, that car will be a whole new car, the auto's are MUCH more responsive to a good tune as it will make your shift points higher and harder, with a JLT cold air (or other must tune) and a tune alone it will burn tires in 1st and into second EVERYTIME!! Have fun!