2010 Ford Mustang V6 M/t, Trouble Engaging Gears

Alanjg

Nov 3, 2014
Hi, im Alan from Dominican Republic... i just bought a ford mustang 2010 v6 with a M/T, and this is what happens:

If i press the clutch pedal and QUICKLY shift into 1st gear (still have not released the clutch pedal), it will make a big CLUNK, but if i wait 1.5 - 2sec or so after pressing the clutch pedal and THEN shift into 1st gear it will engage normally without the CLUNK.

sometimes it wont even go into 1st nor 2nd gear, so i try 3rd and then try 1st again and now it does go in.

other symptom that i noticed is, when i accelerate on 1st gear all the way, and fast shift to second at high rpms, it will sort of make a grinding sound but it does engage the second gear and keeps running normally.

also, when i press the clutch pedal at high rpms (i think it only happens on 1st gear) and let the car roll on neutral i can hear a rattle.

any idea? some say bad synchro and others say bad clutch spring...

thanks

• Sponsors (?)

the car is completly stock and it has 114k miles, i havent changed the transmission oil since i bought it 2 weeks ago... but still, even with old oil this shouldnt be happening.