2010 Mustang Concept thoughts?

• Sponsors (?)

Kornnut said:
Reason cars have gotten heavier over the past few years is because of the upped hp. That slows them down thus making them safer. Safer=cheaper to insure. If they stay at the 3000 pound mark it will be the 70's all over again and companies will charge outrageous premiums on these cars. I am not a fan of the added weight either. Its just a trade off I guess.

you must of never insured a car in the state of NJ. being a sport car doesn't help but anything that moves cost an arm and a leg. for example in the end2004 my wife and i bought a slightly used 2004 Grand Prix. my payment is $230 a month my insurance is $219 a month after i pay my yearly preminum. so per year if you add the preminum, it costs more to insure the car than what i make in payments in a single year. i don't even take my pants off anymore when i bent over for insurance companies.:notnice:

donkey_punch said:
you must of never insured a car in the state of NJ. being a sport car doesn't help but anything that moves cost an arm and a leg. for example in the end2004 my wife and i bought a slightly used 2004 Grand Prix. my payment is $230 a month my insurance is $219 a month after i pay my yearly preminum. so per year if you add the preminum, it costs more to insure the car than what i make in payments in a single year. i don't even take my pants off anymore when i bent over for insurance companies.:notnice:
Actually our rates will go along with yours up there. We have a ton of fraud here. Southwest VA is among the highest in the nation. I have district managers come into the office here and laugh about the rates.

i also didn't mention that the car is under my wife names who has a squeaky clean driving record. only tickets she has every had were parking tickets, i don't think she was ever pulled over. i don't even have my mustng under my name cause the insurance would almost double of my car payment.
it also depends on what your district managers drive too. if i bought a BMW Lexsus, M-B, audi or a new SUV i would laugh at a $230 insurance payment also.
Fraud- all i have to do is walk a block and i'm in beautiful Newark NJ growing up it was the car robbing capitol of the world. if you knew some one who had there car stolen it would come out of the body shop all done up, cause they were scamming the insurance company. i think fraud was invent here. lol

sorry for the hi jack back to the concept car.

Engel said:
http://www.modularfords.com/forums/kenne-bell-tech/kb-810-hp-745-ft-lbs-shelby-gt500-kit-66795.html

I honestly do not find it that suprising, look what hp they get just out of the 4.6 03 cobra. I didn't think the 5.4 would have trouble getting 800hp?

i vote for gt500 twin turble^_^

wow
that thing is a total beast.
810 hp...
i don't understand why though, car companies don't focus more on making new engines?
will they forever stick with the standards? 5.4, 5.7, 4.6, 5.0...

Caldwell said:
i don't understand why though, car companies don't focus more on making new engines?
will they forever stick with the standards? 5.4, 5.7, 4.6, 5.0...

Ford only has to add 2 cylinders to what they have already built...the 4.6 in this case.
(they have already done this).

This sounds like the cheapest way for Ford to build a killer engine that fits where any 4.6 now resides.

http://www.autofieldguide.com/articles/050401.html

8950HO said:
Ford only has to add 2 cylinders to what they have already built...the 4.6 in this case.
(they have already done this).

This sounds like the cheapest way for Ford to build a killer engine that fits where any 4.6 now resides.

http://www.autofieldguide.com/articles/050401.html

wow, i dunno dude...
i gotta admit, that makes my jaw drop, but does that really work in a mustang? i mean, yeah you got 6 banger crowd, and the all powerful v8s... but... do you think that would sell enough to warrant? a 10 cylinder.
my god.

SeventyMach1 said:
Chances are, we WILL see a production 5.0 Mustang BEFORE a new body design rolls out.

Now, if you're taling about the good 'ol pushrod .... NO.

really? that surprises me.
it really does, because the 5.0 was a pushrod... i can't see the point of bringing it back.
especially since you're only working with 302 cubic inches... against the 5.4 327 cubic inches? i could see a 10 cylinder coming before a redone 5.0L

i wanna see a F.I. 428, get in the game with every other auto maker ...v10 are not our crowd that an exotic class....dodge has the hemi's lets run in that class. .....My thoughts on that concept looks like a eclipse maybe they will turn the mustang into a fwd and run in those classes:nonono:

Giugiaro_Mustang_Concept_2_111606.jpg

Looks like a bmw z3 coupe to me. Did ford hire chris bangle to design the new mustang?

SeventyMach1 said:
Caldwell ..... I was talking of a modular 5.0. It WILL happen. I think the Cammer will see a Stang before the new body design.

Saleen is already taking orders for their 5.0 Parnelli Jones car.

I'm interested to see.
I can say that much.
I just always hear about it. I guess I'm just at the point now where I'll wait to see it before I get my hopes up.

As for the concept - eclipse comparison, I dunno, I'm missing that one.
I think it looks more like a maranello? :shrugs:

ferrari_maranello_1997_2.jpg

sn_Giugiaro_Mustang_112806_09.jpg

I don't know... I don't really like this model, but I like the direction they're going with it. With a couple of changes here and there I think it would look really good.