2010 Mustang GT Auto/ Need help on some mods please.

unas2k5

Feb 6, 2010
I have a 2010 Mustang GT Premium Automatic.

So far I have installed a C&L CAI and a custom Brenspeed SCT Tune.
I am already able to chirp 1st 2nd and 3rd gear.. The difference is amazing...

I am thinking about buying :

Pypes LT Headers w/OR x pipe, 3.73 Gears, Underdrive Pulley... How much HP would I gain? Would I atleast run low 13's?

Have any other mods you recommend? Are 3.73 gears on an auto a good choice?

Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

3.73's FTW. underdrive pulley's will be relatively low yield. Longtubes + o/r x pipe should be good for ~15+ rwhp NA.

Might as well do full exhaust call it a day.

Your first mod should be the mt82 6 speed manual transmission and a short throw shifter.

I'm assuming this is a sarcastic attempt at saying a manual transmission is preferable to an auto? :rolleyes: "If" you could bolt a MT82 to a 4.6L and "If" it wasn't $thousands$, and "If" you could easily find one to buy, and "If" it would actually increase the car's performance enough to warrant the cost, and "if" unas2k5 wanted to drive a manual transmission....well, yeah, that would be a FANTASTIC idea!!

So unas2k5, you're saying the tune was 100% worth getting? I keep reading mixed reviews of tune improvement on 2010s...some say it doesn't make that much difference and just makes the throttle more sensitive...others say it's incredible how much better the car is after a tune.

I have a 2010 Mustang GT Premium Automatic.

So far I have installed a C&L CAI and a custom Brenspeed SCT Tune.
I am already able to chirp 1st 2nd and 3rd gear.. The difference is amazing...

I am thinking about buying :

Pypes LT Headers w/OR x pipe, 3.73 Gears, Underdrive Pulley... How much HP would I gain? Would I atleast run low 13's?

Have any other mods you recommend? Are 3.73 gears on an auto a good choice?

Thanks.

With a Cai and a tune, shouldn't you be running low 13's already? I don't know for sure, I'm just asking....

Does your tune require premium gas at all times?
And---is your warrantee affected?
BTW---I've had stick shifts on all my previous daily-driver Mustangs--and for those of us living in congested areas w/mucho traffic jams---my first auto is very welcome.