2010 mustang GT upgrade questions

big c johnson

Aug 3, 2010
So I just got my 2010 GT premium package and I absolutely love it! I want to put a CAI and tuner on it and want aaxle back exhaust thats not too expensive but sounds good and was wondering what everybody recomends. thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Congrats on the new ride! Pybebombs are probably the least expensive axlebacks out there and they look and sound great. As for CAIs guys have had gotten good results with both C&L and JLT CAIs with SCT tuners. Americanmuscle.com offers CAI/Tuner packages that include free tunes for life:
C&L Mustang CAI and SF3 Tuner (2010 GT) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!
JLT Mustang CAI and SF3 Tuner (2010 GT) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!
Just remember our 2010s are like the middle child, new body style, old engine, so somethings are 2010 specific like CAIs and tuners. for. So don't buy used CAI used 05-09 off of eBay or borrow a tuner from a buddy with an 08 for example
I also recommend rear Control Arms, our cars have serious axle hop issues and the control arms will eliminate or at least greatly reduce axle hope. I have J&M upper and lowers, but just about any aftermarket pieces will be better the the factory arms.
Enjoy the car !!

I have the Steeda CAI on my 2010 and It is one of the best ones on the market. I did a lot of research before purchasing it and found that the gains out of the Steeda package were one of the best on the market. They have a great combo package as well that is priced very well.

Steeda Ultimate Induction Pak for 2010 Ford Mustang 555-3934

The kit was very easy to install. You can really tell that the kit added horsepower.

My buddy has this exhaust on his 2011 and it sounds incredible. They had a sound clip on YouTube of it. Definitely sounds great!!

‪Steeda Axle Back Exhaust for 2011 5.0L Ford Mustang GT‬‏ - YouTube

Not bad upgrades for less than $1300.00. You can definitely dress it up for less than what it would cost to upgrad to a 2011.

Let me know if you need any help>?>

As a fellow 2010 GT owner, the best upgrade plan is to save your money and apply it to a new GT with the Coyote 5.0. That's my plan! Cannnot imagine paying good money for plastic parts and silly tunes that make your car "feel faster" with maybe a 15-30 hp increase. :flag:

Steeda has the Steeda billett rear lower and upper control arms which are a pretty nice item.

Ford Mustang Control Arms

I have been looking at these for a couple weeks and I am just about to pull the trigger. They have had great reviews from 5.0 mustang and Mustang performance magazine. They were the editors choice for control arms.

I am looking out the door at $550 bucks for the total package. I have driven in a couple mustangs that had the control arms and it was night and day compared to OEM amrs.

I ran SLP deletes on my 07 GT and loved them. They get really noisy if you take the cats off. I recommend them if you are sticking with a stock mid pipe. Also we have had great luck with the C&L Racer intakes and SCT programmers.