2010 Mustang Gt Vs 2015 Mustang Gt

Zain

Feb 23, 2014
Hi Guys,

I've been debating about trading/selling my car for a 2015 Mustang GT when it comes out but I can't come to a conclusion. I've had a 2010 Mustang GT since summer of 2010 and have done a decent amount of mods to it. The car has 69500 miles on it as we speak and has been my daily driver for almost 4 years now. I live in chicago so the winters are pretty bad but I've been able to manage well with my car. Now, my plan was to invest in a short block, I was thinking either Brenspeed's B-326 Short Block or the new FRPP 5.0 Aluminator 46x. I wanted to build my car and go FI after I get a new short block but then someone told me to invest on the new platform instead meaning the 2015 Mustang. So now I'm all confused about what would be a better investment. Either invest in a short block for my 2010 so it can handle 800+hp and lease a honda civic so that I don't have to daily drive it. Or trade my car in and invest my money in the 2015 stang which will have to be my daily driver for a little while. Any input about the pros and cons of doing either would be appreciated. :) Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Personally I would wait and make sure you actually like the car before you try to make that decision. Yes it certainly looks good in photos, and yes the way it is being described, the performance should be fantastic But until you see it in person, touch it, sit in it , hear it, drive it, etc etc, there is no way to know if you really want one . Once you figure that out, then you can think about what to do.

Yea that is probably the best thing to do, I'm gonna have to hold back on the mods for now and check out the 2015 when it comes out. It's so tempting to continue modding though lol it's like a disease. Oh well I'll just save up money until then and see what happens. Thanks for you input Svtpilot! :)

You saddle up on anything with the 5.0 in it and you'll be signing the note before you can take a second breath. It's just plain light years ahead of the 4.6, even if the 4.6 is modded. With a tune and a little exhaust work on a 5.0, you'll hit the parts-scattering point on a 4.6 with a supercharger on it.

TT5.0ca, I completely agree with what you're saying and I absolutely love the 5.0 motor. I bought my car 2-3 months before the 2011 5.0 hit the market. Lol I was kinda pissed about not waiting. Honestly, the 4.6 is a good motor and has good potential with the right mods, but the 5.0 is a level above. I could do an Coyote engine swap on my car but at the same time I thought why not just go for the new one. I will have to make a decision this summer once I save up some dough :)

Here's another idea. There are good deals Ro be had on leftover 24s and that s an 11 second car basically on traction. You mighht consider the end of an era car that is thus car. It's pretty polished up.