2010 shelby rear decklid emblem

i probably won't do the shelby emblem thing but i think the cobra emblems on the 93 fenders look out of place or too small.i'm going to give the bigger snake emblems a try and see how that looks .i appreciate all the feedback though, i just never been a one to keep something the same as every other car on the road.when i get going on my build here in the future my car will reflect that and believe me it won't be anything rice.i just like to take all the best that ford had to offer for our cars throughout the years and implement that to my taste.

Personal taste notwithstanding, I have never been able to see the point in trying to identify ones vehicle as something that is not. How is putting Cobra emblems on a non-Cobra Mustang unlike an import tuner boy putting Type R emblems on his non-Type R vehicle? Some argue that if they have Cobra-spec parts this becomes "OK" but the emblems exist to identify what a car is. A snake on a fender of a Mustang means that it is a special model, and if your car is not a Cobra, it should not wear Cobra emblems. In a nutshell, the emblem conveys the cars identity, and identity theft is a crime.

That is just my perspective on it, and I think there are many ways to personalize your car without tacking all sorts of "Mustang-related-but-not-really-applicable-to-this-specific-car" emblems on it.

HOWEVER there are some loopholes...and they are exploited when a situation is truly unique. A hypothetical example of this would be a 4-eyed Mustang that packs an 03 Cobra drivetrain and suspension. The Cobra emblem in that case would be a subtle tip that there is something different underneath the skin of this pony.

That being said, simply slapping inaccurate badges on a car because they "look better" doesn't quite jive in my book.

• Sponsors (?)

Personal taste notwithstanding, I have never been able to see the point in trying to identify ones vehicle as something that is not. How is putting Cobra emblems on a non-Cobra Mustang unlike an import tuner boy putting Type R emblems on his non-Type R vehicle? Some argue that if they have Cobra-spec parts this becomes "OK" but the emblems exist to identify what a car is. A snake on a fender of a Mustang means that it is a special model, and if your car is not a Cobra, it should not wear Cobra emblems. In a nutshell, the emblem conveys the cars identity, and identity theft is a crime.

That is just my perspective on it, and I think there are many ways to personalize your car without tacking all sorts of "Mustang-related-but-not-really-applicable-to-this-specific-car" emblems on it.

HOWEVER there are some loopholes...and they are exploited when a situation is truly unique. A hypothetical example of this would be a 4-eyed Mustang that packs an 03 Cobra drivetrain and suspension. The Cobra emblem in that case would be a subtle tip that there is something different underneath the skin of this pony.

That being said, simply slapping inaccurate badges on a car because they "look better" doesn't quite jive in my book.

i can agree with alot of your points here , myself i have been collecting all original cobra parts for my car.i have the original front clip ,spoilers and rear spoiler. i also have the fenders that came with the whole front clip.the only thing i don't have is the mounting brackets for the rear bumper that support the rear bumper.the motor is an 88 roller motor but i have original upper and lower cobra intake and plan on doing all the cobra internals as well.your probably wondering why i would go through the trouble of doing this when i can just buy an original.my car is a t-top which is rare in itself and i always wanted the best of both worlds.anyone who knows anything about our cars would know that t-tops wasn't an option in 93.i am not a purist and companies like cervinis sell the kits all day long .i chose to come as close to the original as possible with alittle of my own ideas for the car.when this thing is finally finished i'm sure that the majority would come to appreciate my version of the 93 cobra.but trust me i would never try to pass it off as a real cobra.:nice:

Forgive me for waking up a old thread but I just had to comment. I removed the GT badges on my '05 and put the tri-bar pony thats used in the V6, including the one in the rear. Why? cause I like the tr-bar pony better. Does that make it rice, or a V6? of course not. My '97 GT had a cobra hood, why? cause I like it better than the GT hood. It also had the tri-bar pony on the fenders. I call it personalized, plain and simple. No one really said much and if they did I could care less. After all it's my car. Don "The Snake" Purdhomme had a huge cobra on the side of his car and it wasn't even a Mustang and nobody made a sound about it.