2011 5.0L power capacity

• Sponsors (?)

For all you guys who are leary about the strength of the new 5.0L rods, keep in mind. These new rods are built using the same process and materials as GM's LSX series engines. And we're all quite aware how much power they're able to take. :nice:

I mean it is gonna cost a hell of a lot more than $2K to supercharge a 2011 5.0

Most kits for these cars start in the $6K range and go up from these. The engine and stock rods handle boost just fine.

Thank you for your reply.Posters on this thread are doubting the power capacity of the 5.0 so I was asking how much will it cost in extras to change out the weak parts... I read above that it may be 2k plus the regular 6-8 for the SC kit.

How much HP can this 5.0 possibly make with just bolt ons? 500HP? Tune + intake = 45hp + LT headers and x pipe 35hp = 492 ish or maybe even cams too. Does that sound right?

Steeda claims 11.96 1/4 mile with ONLY their CAI and tune. I find that hard to believe.

Thank you for your reply.Posters on this thread are doubting the power capacity of the 5.0 so I was asking how much will it cost in extras to change out the weak parts... I read above that it may be 2k plus the regular 6-8 for the SC kit.

How much HP can this 5.0 possibly make with just bolt ons? 500HP? Tune + intake = 45hp + LT headers and x pipe 35hp = 492 ish or maybe even cams too. Does that sound right?

Steeda claims 11.96 1/4 mile with ONLY their CAI and tune. I find that hard to believe.

Tune, Drag Radials, and Exhaust have gotten a few guys in the 12.06 - 12.30 range @ ~115 MPH.

There is a list of a few 2011 5.0s and their mods/quarter mile times in the 2011+ section on SVT performance.com

There is a stock shortblock 5.0 over there running [email protected], has all the basic bolt-ons CAI, Exhaust, Gears, suspension work, slicks, and a supercharger.

Haven't heard of anyone running anything other than stock cams. Maybe the built motor guys are. :shrug: