2011 GT/CS Rear Decklid Add

jaywoo

Jul 28, 2003
Sherwood, AR
First off, I hope this isn't in the wrong forum.

Ford should have, in my meager opinion, offered this as an option. I did a search on here to see if anyone else had done it, and I couldn't find anything.

Basically it's a Ford part #AR3Z-6342528-F, you can get them on Ebay for $179. They come with a GT badge, but I popped that off and replaced it with the stock California Special Badge. I think that was the hardest part of the install. Well, getting the stock silver badge and trim ring was kinda tough too. Took some pulling! Anyway, pretty easy to do, and I think it looks better then the stock black decal. Opinions??

Cell phone pics, my real camera was stolen a while back dammit.

Stock:
standard.jpg

standard.jpg

After:
standard.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I'll take some pics tonight when I get home from work. I did reuse the California Special plate, and had to take off the GT plate in the center of the blackout lid. It's the glue they use, I was trying to pry on it without messing anything up. I'll get a few more pics up in a couple hours. Oh, and it matches the lower spoiler perfectly.

Oh, Linky: http://www.fordaccessoriesstore.com/GfaWeb/catalog.do?prodInfo=Mustang~2011~AR3Z_6342528_F

I didn't buy it from them though.

More pics:

The stock fake gas cap, errrr, trim ring:
standard.jpg

The GT badge that came with it:
standard.jpg

Backside:
standard.jpg

The new panel, I hadn't put epoxy on the CS badge yet:
standard.jpg

Installed with epoxy:
standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Personally, I love it, looked much cleaner then the stock ring and black decal. Sure worth the $189 I paid for it.