2011 Mustang 5.0 GT order/buy price

ludwickd

Dec 26, 2001
del rio, TX
I'm TDY at Speicher COB Iraq for 365 days I'm wondering what is the best price you guys have received on a 2011 5.0 order? What dealer? I can get one stripped here, through exchange sales for 27,600.

Thanks,
Damien

• Sponsors (?)

I've heard of people getting them for $500 above invoice but after a serious session with a salesman here they only came 500 off sticker. As you might have guessed I'm still driving my '02....My plan now is to wait for the 'new' factor to die out while I save up a downpayment.

I got mine at invoice price...

2011 Mustang GT Premium, 401A, 3.73 gears, Brembo Brake Package, Security Package, Comfort Package... $34.6, that includes the destination fee and the fdaf/fuel charge.

Stanmckinney - I checked their website, and it doesn't state anything about the X-Plan perk. Is it only once you become a member that information becomes known? Also, how long do you have to be a member before you can get the X-Plan?

I plan on buying a 2011 GT in a few months.

For all of those curious of X-Plan under MCA. You need to contact the office manager via email once you have registered and paid your membership fee. She will get you the info you need for X-Plan.

why dont they say anything about it on the site?

I'm assuming it's because X-plan just became a benefit as of April of this year and they probably haven't updated the web site, but I personally paid my $50 for one year and received my X-plan pin all in the same day. The pin is good for 1 year once generated.

Csledd - thanks for the information. On average, how much does the X-Plan save you? Is it a certain %, or a fixed deduction? Knowing how car dealerships can be, if I walk in and present my X-Plan pin, can they deny me it - i.e. come up with a way to negate the X-Plan savings via a higher APR?

Tirekicker - I've never heard of that service before. Is it reliable? How does it work?

Sorry I didn't see all of these comments. It is a a new benefit. It is explained in the latest issue of the club's magazine. I don't know why it is not on line. I think there is a Ford phone number to call and a Mustang Club of America ID you give them. That will generate a number for you which you give to the dealer. I can tell you from experience (I have other sources for x plan numbers) that the amount off depends on the type vehicle you buy. It gets you down to about invoice. Be warned that dealers don't make a lot of money off X plan and will probably give you less for a trade. They may try to make up what they don't make on the new car through your trade-in.
That may or may not matter to you.

I'm TDY at Speicher COB Iraq for 365 days I'm wondering what is the best price you guys have received on a 2011 5.0 order? What dealer? I can get one stripped here, through exchange sales for 27,600.

Thanks,
Damien

I was at Speicher a couple months ago, and Taji...Ramadi...TQ...Marez...JBB...VBC :flag:

Speicher did have a delicious chow hall, but everything else was pretty bleak. Good luck over there, with the car purchase too. And stay away from Tony (I think that's his name), the KBR dude at transient housing, I think he's a little sweet on dudes, or very friendly :eek:

Tirekicker - I've never heard of that service before. Is it reliable? How does it work?

I have not used it yet, but I am a member of USAA, and trust them.
Here is their car buying site https://www.usaa.com/inet/ent_utils/McStaticPages?key=car_buying_services_products. Take a look at it, price out your car on the site, and see what you think. If you are a member (no cost to join), after you build your car on the site they will give you a guaranteed price from the dealers they work with that you can print out. They will then show you which dealers in your area will accept their guaranteed pricing and have them contact you. You are under no obligation to buy unless you want to.

I'm sure the website can probably explain this a lot better than I have. :D

I just ordered mine yesterday and got it for invoice price just by walking in and saying "I want to order a 2011 Mustang and I want to pay invoice price"... I just built the same specs on the USAA site and the price was the same. Could save someone some registration fees...

Csledd - thanks for the information. On average, how much does the X-Plan save you? Is it a certain %, or a fixed deduction? Knowing how car dealerships can be, if I walk in and present my X-Plan pin, can they deny me it - i.e. come up with a way to negate the X-Plan savings via a higher APR?

Like it was said, it varies based on the car, but I know the invoice on my car and the X-plan price was about $130-$140 difference, so it's pretty good. You also get any available rebates too (like $500, or the $750 coupon).

Thanks,
Damien

I don't have access to X-plan, A-plan, employee pricing, etc. So I am like most people who have to secure the best deal I can. A dealer that posts here regularly offered me a car for a lot less than MSRP with no ugly haggling. PM me and I'll get you his contact information.

Given how many dealers are going to jack these cars up, I think a price that is "hundreds" over invoice and not "hundreds" off MSRP is very fair. I can't believe I'll get a 400 hp car for what I am getting it for. Five years ago you needed to spend 100k to get 400 hp stock. The new GT is just an astounding deal.

Greg