2011 mustang gt problems or normal

Blake22

Mar 22, 2010
I just got a 2011 gt with13k on its a manual the only mid is a airaid cai. When I'm accelerating the car kind feels jumpy you can really tell in higher gears around two thousand rpms. I took it to the delear they said it was normal it just doesnt seem like that should be normal and just wondering if anyone else has this problem thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

I just got a 2011 gt with13k on its a manual the only mid is a airaid cai. When I'm accelerating the car kind feels jumpy you can really tell in higher gears around two thousand rpms. I took it to the delear they said it was normal it just doesnt seem like that should be normal and just wondering if anyone else has this problem thanks.

If the MAF tube is larger than stock, the engine needs a special tune. By any chance did you get the original intake? If there is any way to contact the original owner it would solve any issues you might have. These new 5.0 Mustangs run smooth as silk.

Dave

I guess the best way to describe it is its kinda like it has a miss the dealership told me it was the computer adjusting the fuel for better mpgs. Thats the only intake I got I bought the car from a dealer. I thought the airaid intake didn't need a tune

Sounds fishy. Dealers are full of :poo: bro. Demand a diagnosis for the problem. It sounds like the car may be tuned (93 tune) and the idiots are running 87 in it....or the previous owner had the car tuned and the dealer plugged it into their scanner and fried the pcm; in doing so the car was programmed back to stock with a cai that needs a tune causing the car to lean out. You have several possibilities here bro. Get in touch with the previous owner. Find out why it was traded etc and the background on the car.

Ditto on that. Does the car look beat up in any way. Previous owner could have thrashed it to death. Did you buy it at the dealer as a used car? Dealers often go to auto auctions to buy low mileage cars. It could also be a repo. If you bought it at a dealer, demand to have them put it up on a lift so you can examine what's going on underneath. I imagine you paid some big bucks for it. Good luck.

I guess the best way to describe it is its kinda like it has a miss the dealership told me it was the computer adjusting the fuel for better mpgs. Thats the only intake I got I bought the car from a dealer. I thought the airaid intake didn't need a tune
Airaid intakes have a removable insert that they call a "modular venturi tube " that reduces the inside diameter of the tube so it can be used without a tune. If that insert is removed a tune is required. It's possible that the previous owner removed the tube and had the car tuned, then restored the stock tune prior to trading the car in, or maybe the dealership re-tuned to stock prior to selling it to you. In fact considering that there is a TSB out regarding aftermarket tunes it's highly likely that the dealership restored the stock tune.
Regardless of the cause from what you describe the car isn't running right. I assume that at this point you have been dealing with a service writer? If so I would set up an appointment to have the service manager drive the car with you so you can point out your issue , if he says it's normal then ask if he would take you for a ride in another Mustang to show you.
I would also make sure you have documentation that the car had the Airraid CAI installed when you bought it from the dealer. If that is the cause it is not going to be covered by the Factory warranty. There is a good chance that the sales dept didn't tell service about the CAI and you don't want to get presented with a bill if the problem is the CAI.

Nothing like this kind of bull$hit to take the fun out buying a car.