Suspension 2012 8.8 Swap

• Sponsors (?)

The axle housing is too wide to properly fit under a fox body Mustang. The gears from the 2012 will fit inside your fox rear end. However, they will need to be correctly installed by someone who has the proper tools and experience.

You likely will find your answer here, at least it will give you some choices to look at
Here too

What’s recommend I put in my fox? I’m doing a gen 2 coyote swap with a 6r80 trans

What are you looking to do? Drag race setup, or handling?

You can do an 03/04 IRS setup, or stick with your current solid axle and upgrade it internally.(better diff, 31 spline axles. You can install better control arms, coil overs, panhard bar and even convert to a 3-link setup with a torque arm.

Sky's the limit..but a '12 axle will never get off the ground

What are you looking to do? Drag race setup, or handling?

You can do an 03/04 IRS setup, or stick with your current solid axle and upgrade it internally.(better diff, 31 spline axles. You can install better control arms, coil overs, panhard bar and even convert to a 3-link setup with a torque arm.

Sky's the limit..but a '12 axle will never get off the ground
Drag racing setup is what I’m going for, street car and it has the factory straight six still so I’m not sure as to what rear end it has but I know it needs a upgrade

Your best bet is to find a 8.8 from an 86-98. Also consider that the sn95 axle is longer but will provide you the 5 lug that you probably want. If you want simplicity, the fox axle is ideal with a 5 lug conversion so you don't have to play around with getting some wheels with the correct offset to cram as much tire in a limited space as it is.
Kevin

Reactions: 1 user