2012 Boss 302

• Sponsors (?)

CARiD and American Muscle have lots of parts for them. American Muscle is the best though. Cervini's has a lot of nice body parts. APR Performance has a lot of carbon fiber parts. I have their hood vents and their diffuser. Hood vents aren't on yet. Have to cut two large slots in the hood for them. Can do it easily, just got the car back from a transmission shop after the trans went out. Next weekend likely will get them done.

I know it says 2005 - 2009. After clicking the link, you can change the year. It's just what happens when I go there since I have an account there and it automatically puts in those years since I won a 2007.

The pics below. The front spoiler, hood scoop, hood locks and side vents are Cervinis. The mirrors are from American Muscle (like them much better than the truck mirrors the cars came with). So is the part in between the tail lights. The head light splitters and louvers on the back window from CARiD. The hood vents are pictured with the aluminum template I made so I can transfer the inside shape to the hood, along with the mounting holes. Tail lights are LEDs from Spec D that I got from CARiD. The smoked front corner lights are also from CARiD.

I couldn't find any smoked rear corner lights, so I just used black out tape to do all but a little bit in the center. Have since found out American Muscle now has them in stock, so will order some soon.

Lots of goodies available. Hard on your wallet though. LMAO!!

Last picture shows the same hood vents on my Lightning's hood.

Attachments

• 01010039.JPG
    01010039.JPG
    599.5 KB · Views: 50
  • 01010033.JPG
    01010033.JPG
    646.7 KB · Views: 50
  • 01010041.JPG
    01010041.JPG
    600.2 KB · Views: 45
  • 01010042.JPG
    01010042.JPG
    459.7 KB · Views: 50
  • 8467990C-5795-41A7-B08E-205E28F9B76B.jpg
    8467990C-5795-41A7-B08E-205E28F9B76B.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Congrats!! You bought a great car. I have a 12 Boss there are some must do mods. There is a good chance some or all of these have been done already, so check before you start ordering parts. The big one is the clutch. If you still have the factory clutch then it has to go. Boss 302s suffer from what is called high rom lock out. The stock clutch which in the same as the Mustang GT clutch cannot handle the higher readline. There is a nylon bushing surrounding the cluth disc splines which flex above 7000rpm causing the clutch to partially reengage preventing you from shifting. Any good aftermarket clutch will correct this, most guys also go with a lightended steel flywheel . If you can shift above 7000rpm then the clutch has already been changed. If not, since the trans is out also get a steel braided clutch line and replace the stock shifter with an MGW Race spec or Barton Hybrid III and replace the fluid with BG Syncroshift II fluid., which should be done even if you dont replace the clutch. Many of us have replaced the two piece driveshaft with an aluminum 1 piece, recommend but not necessary. Boss Mustangs have the same axle hop issues as other S197 mustangs any good aftermarket rear arms correct that. Many of us have lowered our cars, both Ford Performace and Steeda make Boss specific springs. But really its up to you. The Boss engine has forged internals so they stand up well to forced induction. If you plan on tracking the car than you could think about upgrading the brakes, coil overs and a watts linkage but there are plenty of guys who track them as is. its.
Its totaly up to you.