2012 gt 5.0 3:73 rear

Nazareth225

May 2, 2012
Greetings from Kentucky my fellow mustang lovers. OK here is my situation. I took my mustang into have the oil changed and tires rotated and put on diagnostic machine cause my engine light had come on a few times. This was the second time I had the oil changed since I bought the car last year. At this point my car had about 7,000 miles. So after 3.5 hours my car is ready from the dealer and they balanced my tires which I did not ask for or want as there was nothing wrong. I decided just to pay the extra cash and get out of there. The cashier also noted that my engine takes 8 qts of oil and they have to charge extra after 5 qts. when I get home I pulle dout my invoice form first oil change and yep they charged me for 5. A quick internet search leads me to the fact that my car takes 8 qts and many nightmare stories where the mechanic put in 5 qts, or worse yeah left the dealer with only 1 qt. I called and they said its just a typo. So the next day on the interstate I noticed a signifagant vibration. I inspected the wheels and tires and noticed that the tech had removed the factory wheel weights which were placed inside the rim and replaced them with the cheap clamp on weights. I took it back the next day, an hour later the service guy brings my car out and says I had 3 tires with flat spots. yes my car came with the pirrelli p-zero. Well the vibration was worse and seemed to have moved to the back of the car. I reinspected the rims and it appeared he had re rotated the tires. The "customer service manager" called to follow up I told him it was worse, there was no vibration before I brought my car in to be serviced. He stated bring it in we will put you in a loaner and get this issue fixed.

I take my car back at 9:00 a.m. , I have to pay $18.00 for rental car insurance. to me a loaner means I pay nothing. So at the end of that day the service guy calls says he has to order me 2 new tires they cant get them balanced. Ok fine do it its all under warranty. At the end of the 2nd day he calls says they are "detailing" my car and it should be ready in an hour. So I go to pick it up, the customer service manager comes over and says this " in hind sight we should have never rotated your tires, they were out of specs. this is a performance car with performance tires and they wear fast. Your 2 rear tires were so badly worn they wouldnt balance" Yeah thats what he said!! Now they measured or at least wrote down the tread depth when they first rotated, and were 9/32 front and 8/32 rear. Both with in specs. So now I have 2 new tires on the front one old rear tire on the back and an old front tire on the rear. I told the guy these are 30,000 mile warranty tires he states that does not cover tread wear. I told him I would never purchase perrilli's he stated I need some good years. I told him I will never buy another good year after too many side wall failures on my dodge 3500 and that my next set of tires will be michellin. He stated that michellin does not make performance tires. LOL like the ones that come stock on italian sports cars. I looked my car over, there were dirty grey water mud spay patters above the front wheel well, yeah they detailed really well. By the way I keep my baby spotless at all times. So I get in my car and discover these guys burned more than a 1/4 tank of gas and my clock was 2 hours behind and my presets were gone on my radio.

Heres my question / issue guys and gals. I feel as though someone at the dealer took my car out and reemed the hell out of it. until the last visit when I would fill up my gas tank it would only say you have 270 miles til empty. now when I fill up it says 313 miles. What does yours say? Can they down tune a motor below factory? it doesnt seem to have the same power as before. I was thinking they tuned it, reemed it , disconected battery and down tuned it. My car is all factory as I dont want to void that warranty. Also what tires would you guys recomend? I have found a lot of positive feed back on the michelin ps. I will be taking my baby to a performance car dealership for any issue other than a warranty from now on.

The vibration issue is gone, I will need 1 new tire soon which really pleased the service manager that I would only need 1 instead of 4. Anyhow I love my car, love ford, liked the salesman who helped me build my order and I would really like to have faith and trust in a dealership where I purchased my car but I dont. I called the salesman he left the dealership last December stating that they were working him 6 to 7 days a week 12 hours a day and the more he performed the more they expected with out giving more monetary incenticves. Sadly this is corporate America today, cut labor expect more pay less for it.Companies state they rank guest satisfaction very high, which maybe they do, but when it trickles down to the local yahoo at the dealership with his good ole boy mentality it lacks substance and in fact they seem to have a malevolent view on the customer as a burden. But I digrese thanks in advance!!

• Sponsors (?)

No they can not down tune nor can they increase power. The IDS (Integrated Diagnostics Systems) computer they use can read codes, perform pin point tests and PIDs but can not access PCM specifications to increase or decrease power.

Thanks for the information :) Strange how the dash read out says more miles to empty when I fill up than it did before I took it in.

Well that may be explained when they corrected the check engine light, either what ever the problem was caused the car to burn more fuel, or give it a wrong reading, or perhaps you checked it after a short while of cruising efficiently, after a diagnostic the PCM gets reset and customer parameters get reset totally. This helps prove out the repair after it has been complete.

313 miles till empty? god im lucky if it ever reads 200 till empty when i fill up!

on a more serious note, i wouldn't trust the dealer, the only effort they put in is to sell the car, not to service it.

Yeah its back to reading like 220 miles per fill up and I'm average like 16.4 miles per gallon combined city and hwy. I have 8770 miles on it and need to do the 10,000 miles check up/adjustments soon. I figure I will program my valet key to low rpm and mph cut off and watch the mechanic do the work and not leave them alone with the car. I will be taking the car to a performance car dealership for new tires where I used to take my vandenplaz they do stuff right and dont roast your tires off :).

Ouch, this sounds like a dealership horror story. By the way you talked about how your car. You know the ins and outs of it very well and it seemed that you take very good care of it. I know I would be the same way. So after 1k miles don't go to the dealer eh? Yeah that sounds good to me.

Honestly because of my lack of experience with cars (I know theory but not hands-on) I would hope I could watch the mechanics work. As long as they don't feel awkward. I see that someday I'll need to know how to fix everything anyways to really get a feel for the car. After warranty runs out of course.

I have the 3.73 gears in mine and it read 313 miles until empty when I left dealer brand new. And there is definitely no power missing. It is way stronger then the truck I traded in on it. And my truck had a 6.2.