2012 GT - TracKey

When I picked up my 12 GT about a year ago, the sales manager mentioned that a TracKey by Ford could easily be available for the GT with similiar benefits that it gives the Boss.

Anybody heard anything about such a setup??

• Sponsors (?)

I've installed Trac Key program on a BOSS and to be honest you're better off with an aftermarket CAI and tune. It made a difference however it keeps track of how long you drive around with the Trac Key program enabled, on the BOSS you get 8,000 miles before the warranty is voided.

[quote="SpartaPerformance, post: 8614443, member: 115273"... it keeps track of how long you drive around with the Trac Key program enabled, on the BOSS you get 8,000 miles before the warranty is voided.[/quote]

Curious, where did you get this information on the warranty being voided after 8000 miles as I've never heard this before. When you say warranty being voided, do you mean the warranty on TracKey related mods, the powertrain warranty, or the new vehicle bumper to bumper warranty?

http://www.trackey.ford.com/trackey/ said:
TracKey powertrain software installation and key programming will be available to 2012 - 2013 Mustang Boss 302 owners through Ford Racing authorized dealers. Priced at $302 (retail), TracKey is available starting Nov. 1 from your local Ford dealer. As an aftermarket product, TracKey comes with a “best-in-the-aftermarket industry” 3-year/36,000-mile warranty, and its installation and usage does not void the original OE warranty.

:shrug:

Hello all,

The TracKey Powertrain Control Module software is available to owners who purchase the 2012-2013 Boss 302, and is installed exclusively by an authorized Ford dealer. You’ll have peace of mind with the 3 year/36,000 mile warranty, which does not void the original manufacturer warranty.

Take care!

Noemi

I thought the powertrain warranty was 5 year/60,000 miles. Is the Boss different?

Noemi, Please check again because the instruction pack that came with the Track Key that contained the serial number for programming stated that 8K power train coverage was void...
Hello SpartaPerformance,

The TracKey Powertrain states the following at the bottom of the page:
“As an aftermarket product, TracKey comes with a “best-in-the-aftermarket industry” 3-year/36,000-mile warranty, and its installation and usage does not void the original OE warranty.” Hope this clarifies any misunderstandings.

I thought the powertrain warranty was 5 year/60,000 miles. Is the Boss different?

Hi Coyote5.0,

If any issues occur due to the TracKey installation, the warranty coverage is 3 yr/36,000 miles, however, any other concerns falling under the normal powertrain warranty will be covered for 5 yrs/60,000 miles.

Take care!

Noemi