2012 Mustang 5.0 Rear Axle/Possible front suspension damage from accident?

5.0Kid

Nov 12, 2012
Hello everyone, my name is AJ...

Just last Wednesday, my 2012 Mustang 5.0, Stage 1 Roush, got into an accident. I was approaching a slight right hand curve doing no more than 35mph, downshifting into 3rd. Immediately after the downshift, it broke my tires lose, sending my car right, then left, doing a 360 across traffic. I was lucky to avoid the two oncomming cars, but I did hit a curb parallel to the passanger side. From first evaluations, the rear wheel and tire were completely messed up, and the alaignment on both rear wheels are completely off; from the looks of it, the mechanic towing the car said that the rear axle would need replacing. The front passanger wheel was slighty damaged, and I'm not sure how the front suspension was affected. I'm not sure of the severity of the suspension damage as Ford has yet to really inspect it yet.

The part that really, really starts to make me upset is as I search the internet about simular incidents, I start to see people claming that after an accident, the car will never ever be the same as it previously was. Is this true? Is my 4k mile Mustang's performance going to be forever changed after this?

I don't mean to get dramatic about this, I just got really attached to this car, and would hate to get it back having it preform differently. Please, any info, incite, anything I would appreciate.

• Sponsors (?)

With the suspension damage you're talking about it can be fixed good as new. What most guys are talking about is when there is major body damage, like the frame and such. That is when the problem of it being the same, after repairs, comes into play.

Earl